#23 - The Plan

Joseph didn't like what he was about to do, but he knew he had no other choice. Machete's latest message was to meet him at the old ship factory by the wharf. He walked through the shadows towards the old building. There were a fair few police around but he knew they could do nothing.

He slipped in through the side entrance of the warehouse to try and sneak up on Machete, but it was no use. The entire floor was bathed in bright light. Machete was standing in the middle of the floor twirling the massive knives he always had on him around in his fingers.

Joseph imagined the sick plan he had set for him today. Perhaps he would destroy a hospital. Or even poison the city's water supply. Who knew, what would come out of his twisted head.

"Why Lynx," Machete greeted him. "I realize your probably getting tired of these games, but don't worry the next one will be the grand finale."

Joe felt a twinge that this might be all coming to an end but he knew that Machete would go out with a bang.

"I know you'll probably want to pumble me until your exhausted. Just think about all the people I must've killed," Machete started, Joe had to hold back his anger by scrunching up his fists. "Don't worry I'm sure we will fight very soon. But for now you have an important dinner to attend to. The mayor is speaking at a function at Belvoil Industries tonight. I'm afraid his chances of making it to the after party are slim."

"The mayor has a full security team on him," the Lynx said, "There's no way you'll be able to get past them."

"My people are good," Machete said. Joe turned to leave but was called back,"Oh and don't tell any of your police buddies about this otherwise the mayor will be the least of your worries."

Before Joseph was even into a sprint he was already figuring out the fastest way to get to the Z-Building. The roads were few and far between meaning if he wanted to drive he'd have to go onto the highway. He could run but getting thrugh narrow alleys at speed would be very hard. He thought the best option would be to go across the rooftops.

As soon as he was outside he propelled on the rooftop of the 3-stores building across the road from the factory. Once he was up on his feet, he began sprinting along the rooftop. He saw a gap between rooftops appear and made a giant leap. It wasn't until he was in the air that he realized how large the gap was. It was so large in fact that a road traveled between them.

Luckily Joe had made quite a large jump and with the help of the humanoid bionic system he easily cleared it. He continued leaping across buildings for what semmed like hours. As he got closer to the centre of the city the buildings got taller and taller. Until he was about 10 story's high on the building beside the Z-Building. Still it towered over him at 23 stories.

Joe didn't even stop to think of a plan he kept running and leaped toward the building. He crashed through the window landing awkwardly on the office floor. There was no one around so Joe went straight down the fire stairs to the function room on the ground floor.

He didn't waste anytime, the mayor was sitting at his table with a few other important figures. The Lynx sprinted straight out of the stairwell and for the mayor. It would have been quite alarming for the guests there to see him coming out of no where and charging for the mayor.

His security guards seemed to be quite suprised as well, as Joseph slammed into the mayor without the guard moving an inch. He picked up the mayor and ran off into a back room with him. He was immediatley screaming out for help and Joe heard the guard follow him through the door a few seconds after. Joe found another door and after smashing through it he laid the mayor down.

It seemed the guard had caught up to him and called out, "Freeze!" Joseph moved his hands to his head and slowly turned around. The guard was trembling with his gun and had beads of sweet on his forehead. "Don't move!"