#4 - Life Goes On

Truth is Joseph hadn't had much of a social life lately. Between work and training he didn't have much free time at all. He'd been able to blow away the Mr Rufereberg deal luckily. But couldn't help but be worried about all the possible villians who might take action because of him. It'd been more than a week since the deal with the Machete and nothing else had come up.

He had relied more than ever on his secretery Kirra May. She had been helping him with paperwork since he'd been quite distracted and tired lately.

"Mr Maranto," Kirra asked.

"Yes, Miss May," Joe replied.

"You seem really distracted lately," she asked.

"Just been really busy," he said.

"Well it's Friday, maybe you can take me out for a drink," she said.

Joseph paused momentarily. Was he being asked out. Kirra was a very attractive young woman with long brunette hair. "I'd love to," he replied. "I'll just finish up here, then get going."

"Great," she smiled as she left his office. Joseph was stunned. At least he had an excuse to leave the house now. He packed up all his paperwork and met Kirra downstairs.

"So, where to?" Joe asked.

"There's a nice place down the road," she replied. They walked down the street together, after a few blocks they came along a nice looking restraunt. They went inside and sat down at a table.

"So Mr Maranto," Kirra started.

"Kirra were not in the office anymore you can call me Joe," he interrupted.

"Joe, what has you so busy these days," Kirra asked.

"You know works been piling up, and well, when I was young I was really into martial arts and I've been trying to get back into that recently," Joe replied.

"Wow," Kirra started, "I wouldn't pick you for that type of guy."

"Well there's more to me than meets the eye," Joe replied, "And what about you? You can't spend your entire life at the office."

"Actually I do a bit of self-defence classes myself," Kirra said, "Apart from that just hang out with my friends."

"Really I wouldn't pick you for that type of girl," Joe replied. They both laughed for a bit.

"What do you think of that guy," Kirra asked pointing to the tv screen behind Joe. He turned around to see the footage from the Lynx's battle with Machete last week. The news was doing a report on where he'd been for the past week.

"The Lynx," Joe asked. Kirra nodded her head. "I don't knowif it he's doing he best thing he could."

"What do you mean," Kirra replied.

"I don't know but three days after his first appearance and one guy takes hostages to try and get to him," Joe said. "I realize he just wants to help but becoming a superhero might be a but extreme."

"Well I think he's a hero," Kirra started. "Regardless of what's happening he's still doing what no man has ever been game enough to do before." They continued chatting and Joe thought it went pretty well seeing he hadn't been on a date in a few years. Afterwards the pair said there goodbyes where Kirra gave Joe a kiss on his cheek. This lit up Joes face then they departed.

The whole drive home Joe couldn't stop thinking about Kirra. He pulled into his driveway and headed inside it was late by now so Joe went to bed, planning on doing some Lynx stuff tomorrow night.

***

That night over at Unity a meeting was going on. "Sarge, how is project Threat going," Mr Ruferberg asked.