Chapter 4

Will-

Prom... It's a right of passage. It's supposed to be this huge milestone.

Sasha, Nina, and I spent hours finding the perfect dresses. The perfect shoes.

We've spent hours getting ready. Hair, makeup, nails.

Dom and Nico too. We all look fabulous.

Too bad my boyfriend bailed.

Last minute.

His text is still blaring at me.

I can't make it babe. I'm stuck in the studio.

I would get it. It would be fine. Except, he's not in the studio. He's at a club. With some model draped all over him.

I get it. He's an up and coming Rockstar. I'm still in high school.

I don't text back. There's no point. We've been dating two months. I still feel nothing for him. He has a very odd definition of exclusive.

I sigh and throw my phone in my clutch, then set it next to my dress. I'm not going to cry. I'm not upset about Brad. Not really. I can go to prom alone. No big deal.

My dad is downstairs setting up the tables outside. He's ordered massive amounts of sushi. Sasha, Nina, and Nico are on their way over with their parents. Dom is on his way with his mom.

Pretty sure my dad invited Colson and the rest of the guys.

I'm not planning on putting on my dress until right before we leave. Knowing me, something will happen to it.

So I stay in my cotton shorts, and my button up shirt.

Nina and Sasha bust in the door as I'm walking down the stairs. Holding their dresses laughing.

They look at me and their faces scrunch in anger.

"He fucking bailed." Nina shakes her head.

Sasha is already pulling out her phone.

"What are you doing?" I raise my eyebrow.

"Texting Dom..."

I reach forward and grab the phone from her. "No. He has a date, and Nico asked you. I'll be fine."

Sasha rolls her eyes and puts her hand out. "Phone, bitch."

I give it back. "Seriously. I'll be fine."

Nina wraps her arm around my shoulders. "I can ditch Scarlet...."

"Hell no you cannot, you've been trying to bone her since freshman year."  I shake my head. "Stop. I'm fine."

"But..." Nina opens her mouth.

I shake my head. "No."

I could have gone with a couple of guys at school. They had asked. But I thought... It doesn't matter now.

Dom and Nico bust in with their outfits over their arms.

"You guys can put your stuff upstairs. I'm gonna go hang with my dad."

Once everyone is settled we eat. Everyone lounges around laughing.