Chapter 5

He's shut me completely out.

Radio silence.

No calls. No texts. No showing up at my door to see me, at random times. No coffee dates.

He doesn't speak to me at all.

Most of the time he completely avoids me.

It's been a miserable two months.

I don't go to Sunday night dinners anymore. I can't take him not speaking to me. I don't go to Karoke Fridays. I don't go to parties on Saturday's.

I avoid their house as much as possible. Him not talking to me at work is hard enough. I've cut back on how many hours I work there. It's down to once a week.

I picked up hours at the bookstore, and I was starting to more with photography for pay.

Sasha was never home at this point. Between work, school, and her boyfriend I never saw her.

Nina's internship at the shop took a lot of her time, and practicing after work took up all of her spare time.

Dom and Nico had work and school.

I didn't see my friends much, and with avoiding my brother and the guys. I was lonely, and miserable.

Harry used to be my bright spot. Now I didn't have it and I felt like I was drowning in darkness.

I didn't want to do anything special for my birthday. I didn't want a party. I didn't really want to do anything.

I went for a run, came back to the apartment and did my yoga. I changed into my bathing suit, then I grabbed my surfboard and my bag and went to the beach.

I purposely leave my phone at home. I'm avoiding all things birthday related today.

I stay at the beach for hours.

When I get back to my apartment my dad is sitting on the stairs.

"Hey kiddo." He smiles at me.

I rush forward and let him hug me. "When did you get home? I thought you were in Tahiti until the end of the month."

"Like I'm going to miss my baby's 18th birthday?"

"Let me just grab my board." I turn around to see Colson standing against my car. My board next to him. A grin on his face.

I feel like I haven't seen him in months. It's only been a couple of weeks, but he's so busy with the shop, and with me avoiding his house, we have drifted. "Hey baby sister. Happy birthday." A bright smile stretches over his face.

"What's going on?" I lean back against my dad.

Colson gives me his signature grin. That means he's up to no good.

"No party Colson."

He frowns. My dad chuckles behind me. "Let's go up, we'll wait for you to get ready. Your brother and I are taking you to dinner."

"Yeah... sure." I open the door to the apartment. Sasha isn't home.

"Make yourselves at home... I'm just gonna take a shower."

I grab my clothes out of my bedroom and bring them into my bathroom. I shower, change, add light makeup and brush my hair. I throw it in a braid because I don't really want to mess with it and then I head out to the living room.

"You ready?" Dad looks at me. "You look beautiful honey."

"Thanks Dad." I give him a small smile. "Where's Cole?"