Chapter 8

I set up my laptop at the front desk. I looked over Harry's schedule and added myself in for 4 weeks away for another tattoo. Then I took 100 bucks and put it in his till as a tip. It wasn't much, especially when you accounted for the amount of time my tattoo took, and the fact that anywhere else a tattoo this size would have cost me upwards of $600. But, it was all I had.

I manned the front desk until 4. Then wandered back to Harry's booth.

He looked up from his client, the smile that took over his face almost knocked me on my ass.

"Hey." I was blushing. I was always fucking blushing around him.

"Hey sweetness." The way he completely stopped what he was doing to give me his undivided attention... It made my stomach flutter.

"I'm getting ready to take off."

"Someone giving you a ride?" He raised an eyebrow.

I shook my head. "No, I'm gonna walk."

Harry narrowed his eyes. "Hold on Troy. Give me about 10 minutes." He wiped the tattoo, put cream on it and took off his gloves. "I'll be right back."

"Take your time man." The guy seemed grateful to have the break.

Harry fished in his pocket and pulled out his keys. "Here, take my car. You can swing by at closing and I'll drive you home."

He couldn't keep doing stuff like this. "Harry, I'm fine walking."

"Either you take the keys or I have Troy wait until I take you home now." He cocked his eyebrow at me in challenge.

I held out my hand. He dropped the keys into my palm, then leaned forward and kissed my lips. "Be safe."

There was that stomach flutter again.

I spent the rest of the day working on the mock up for the website. I put dinner in the oven, then went to go pick up Harry.

He was leaning against the outside of the shop when I pulled up. I opened the door, then slid across the seat to the passenger side. Harry climbed in. His knees touching the dashboard. He adjusted the seat. "Hi." He leaned over to kiss my lips.

"You busy tonight?" I was fishing. I wanted to know if he was hanging out with a girl.

"Colson is throwing a party." He rolled his eyes.

"Oh. Thanks for letting me drive your car."

"Anytime. You uh know anything about an extra 100 bucks that made its way into my till?"

I shook my head. "No."

"Huh." He ran a hand through his hair. He was looking at me like he saw right fucking through me. "What are you doing tonight?"

"Staying in." I chewed on my lip. "I made dinner, if you want to come up."

He looked over at me with a smile. "Yeah? I'm starving."

He followed me up to my apartment. When we got inside he took a sniff. "That smells amazing."

I handed him a water out of the fridge. "You can take a seat. I'll get you a plate."

I brought the lasagna I'd made out to the table. I went back for forks, a serving spoon, plates, and garlic bread.

I served Harry first, then myself.

"This is amazing, did you make this?"

A blush crept over my cheeks. "Yes."

"Wow. Who taught you how to cook like this?"