Chapter 6

Will-

Harry was confusing... Or maybe I was just dumb.

I was supposed to meet Nina at the shop. She was supposed to be piercing me today. I told her we were getting it all done in one go. I can't take being unable to surf for six weeks twice.

Colson said I might as well come in for a tattoo, too. Cause it's the same rules. Pretty annoying. But I would rather not get an infection.

Part of me wanted Harry to be the one to do my first ink. He'd mentioned it once. I knew what I wanted.

It was honestly more in Harry's wheelhouse than Colson's. Colson's style was more new age. Harry's was a mix between new school and old school, and he was a phenomenally realistic artist.

When I walked into the shop Nina pulled me into her booth. The regular piercer looked up at me. "You sure you're good with being her guinea pig?"

I nodded. Nina had taken all the classes. She'd been working at the shop for over 6 months. She knew what she was doing. Being her first official piercing was cool with me.

"Don't fuck it up." I narrow my eyes at Nina.

I already have a few piercings. My ears. My belly button. "What exactly are you piercing today?"

Nina mumbles something.

"What?"

She mumbles again.

"Neen..."

"Yournoseandyourtongue." Her words come out so quickly I know she did not just say tongue.

"My tongue?" I raise my eyebrows. "Isn't that really dangerous if you fuck it up?"

Nina rolls her eyes. "I'm not gonna fuck it up."

I look to Lucy, the senior piercer. She sighs. "I'm right here, I'll walk her through every step. Double check every step. She's good Will. But I'm right here."

"Okay...." I lay on the table.

Listen closely as Lucy walks Nina through every step. Makes sure her set up is correct, as she listens intently as Nina talks me through everything.

Nina is good. She's been studying piercing since we were kids. This is what she's always wanted to do.

"So what happened to you last night?" Nina asks, as she gets everything ready.

"Ummm. Can we talk about this later?"

"Your tongue will be swollen later." Nina shrugs.

Well fuck.

Lucy grins at me. "You're shaking. She's trying to distract you. Make you less nervous so you're not all tense. Work with her."

Right. Okay. I can calm down. It's not like my best friend is getting ready to shove a giant ass needle in my tongue or anything. Okay. Last night. What happened?

Oh! My birthday. Yeah.

"So you gonna spill and tell me what happened last night? You disappeared when we got back to the house." Nina looked over at me.

"I was outside..." I sighed. "Harry came out there...and I kind of made a complete moron of myself. I may have said something about my tits stretching out his shirt... then implied he made me squirt....then I kind of attacked him...and then confessed that I liked everything about him...maybe I might have even thought I was thinking things silently but I really wasn't...and said that his voice was like sex on legs and I wanted to know what it would sound like in my ear as he gave it to me...."