Chapter 10: Dark

<Ohm>
After I nodded my head, I glanced at Fluke and noticed his cute reaction. I smiled slightly as I sipped down a cup of water. I would say Fluke is rather weird. He gets embarrassed easily but is also a very encouraging person. I like it though, so it doesn't matter. When he talks, I would notice his features like his soft pink lips and his beautiful set of teeth when he smiles. We don't really talk as much as the other two pairs, which makes me upset. I'm happy that he invited me to sit with him. I hope that we'll get closer. I dozed off in thought before being nudged by Kao to answer a question. The game continued and as we were done, we went back to out tents. I followed behind Fluke, making a small gap between us but he suddenly turned around and said with a smile, "Do you want to walk with me?" I immediately moved next to him as we walked back to our tent, while having a small chat. Looking at how adorable Fluke was made me want to keep him to myself so badly.

<Prem>
As I checked the time on my phone and counted down till it striked 8pm. Instead of not doing it, I decided to do the punishment given by Earth, not wanting to be called a scardy cat. I looked to the side to see Boun rummaging through his bag and I decided go off to my quest in the woods. The woods was eerie and awfully quiet. The only sound I could hear was the sound of crickets, my shaky breathe and the fallen leaves as I stepped on it. I wasn't told where it was, heck I don't even know it was the right part of the woods. The only way I could find my way around was through my phone's camera light. I then heard a loud rustling sound which made my heart beat like crazy. As I tried to move faster, I suddenly tripped over a rock. It couldn't get any worse right? Well, my phone's battery died all of a sudden. Fear engulfed my lungs as I shouted for help while pressing on my sprained ankle.

I was starting to lose hope before hearing a loud shout. With tears in my eyes, I shouted back shakily. A figure ran up to me and his eyes was full of worry as he kneeled down to me. "Prem, lets go back." I shooked my head and Boun furrowed his eyebrows. "I still need to find that tree-" I was interrupted with Boun's angry voice. "You're injured! And you still want to look for a stupid tree?" "But-"
"Go back now. It's an order." Not being able to respond, I hanged my head down. Boun sighed as he scratched the back of his head. He turned his back against me and told me to get on. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he held onto my thighs. He lifted me up and I got shocked at his strength. As he walked, I rested my head on his shoulder. I closed my eyes while my cheeks were stained with tears. This made me realise one thing, I really do like Boun. I didn't want to, but I can't help it. However, I'm nothing to Boun. Just a useless pet. He's goodlooking, cool, has alot of girlfriends and I'm way out of his league.

When we arrived back to the campsite, Fluke and Earth ran to me. I was put down by Boun and was embraced tightly by them. Earth apologised profusely as tears streamed down his eyes. I gave a warmed smile while reassuring that it was alright. I felt bad that I made them worry. Kao went up to me with a box and started to apply some ointment on my ankle. I clenched my hands as I groaned at the pain. I bit my lip as I realised that I practically ruined the whole trip. Kao wrapped a bandage around my ankle and advised me to go and rest in my tent. With a warm smile, I thanked him as Fluke and Earth held me up and helped me to get back to my tent.