FORTY SIX

I made sure my room was cleaned extra well before Drake showed up. "Char, are you almost ready to leave? Drake's going to be here any minute!"

"Don't worry about me," Charlotte said, stepping out of the bathroom. "I'll be gone in no time and then you can have Drake all to yourself. All alone. In a dorm. With a bed."

"Charlotte!" I said, throwing a pillow at the blonde. My face was probably a tomato. "We are not going to have sex and you know it."

"I don't know," Charlotte said in a sing-song voice. "You look super cute in that dress."

I looked down at my outfit and bit my lip. "Is it too much?"

"It screams, 'I'm desperate.'"

"Now you're lying," I said, picking her pillow up off the floor. I fluffed it slightly and set it back on my bed.

"Oh, you caught me," Charlotte said giggling. "It's nice to see you finally trying to impress a guy."

"What happened to the real Charlotte? She's never this mean."

"She can't come to the phone right now. New Charlotte is a b - witch and won't let her come out."

"Thank you for catching yourself," I said. I grinned and said, "See? I'm a good influence on you."

"Nah." Charlotte smiled back at me, and I felt all the nerves dissipate. Of course I could do this. It was just Drake. That's all.

I lied. A knock on the door sent my heart hammering in my chest. "Char, you get the door."

Charlotte frowned and said, "Why me? It's your guy."

"I'm nervous." I gave a shaky smile, and Charlotte laughed. "Hey! Don't laugh at me!"

"You're hilarious." Charlotte opened the door but not wide enough for me to see who was there. For a few seconds, Charlotte stood there and talked to the person. I got suspicious. Why would she need to talk to Drake? Before I could say anything, Charlotte moved over and let Drake in. "You two behave. I'll be gone for a couple hours so don't do something I would do."

A strangled noise left my lips as Charlotte slipped out the door, her laugh echoing down the hallway. "She is the worst."

"She's funny," Drake said, a grin on his face. "She means well."

"Says you," I said, sighing. "I don't know how I'm friends with her."

"Maybe you're like Lara Jean and Chris from To All The Boys I've Loved Before."

I giggled and said, "You've read the series?"

"No. I watched the movie," Drake said seriously. "It was pretty good."

"The books are way better," I said, scoffing. "Books are always better than the movies."

"Mhmm. Sure." My mouth dropped, and Drake burst out laughing. "I was kidding, Luna."

"You better be," I said pointedly. I hopped up onto my bed and patted the seat next to me. "Come here so we can make our wholesome playlist."

Drake slowly made his way over to the bed, and my heart rate soared. I thought I could do this, but now I'm doubting it. Drake slid in next to me, his shoulder slightly touching mine. I stopped short suddenly. "Are you okay?"

"I'm great!" I said, my face flushing. I reached forward on my bed and grabbed my computer, bringing it forward. "So, what's the first song that is going in our playlist?"

"Hesitate by Sincerely, Gray," Drake said immediately. "Such an underrated song by them."

"I don't think I've heard it yet," I said, frowning. I searched for it on Spotify and quickly added the song. "Okay. The next song I want to add is The Midnight Bride by The Whys. Ooh, I absolutely jam to that song!" I started humming the song as I added it to the playlist.