Chapter 12

I can't believe I'm back here in Manila, Dad was just all over the place being busy about his election while Mom on the other hand keeps talking to the designers and stylists.

"Viv, do you like this white maxi dress or a pink fluffy gown?" She was holding both dresses and I just smiled at her. "Mom, please there's a lot of time for that" she gave the clothes to the designers. "Show me more designs please, I want her to wear something like Gucci, Prada or any Vera Wang dress please." The stylists looked confused then they left with all of the clothes.

"Sweetie, what's wrong? Aren't you excited. It's your birthday soon. We're planning on introducing you to eligible bachelors and it's good publicity for your dad and brothers." She hugged me and kissed my cheek. I lightly pushed her away.

"I am not a child anymore mom, please I want to have a simple celebration with family and friends. Dad can have his own party if he wants to." As soon as I said that, I heard his footsteps right away.
Dad was looking at me, with disgust.

"Act like a very supportive daughter, just for one night. This is the only time and you can go do your own thing."
Mom massaged Dad's shoulders,
"Ano ka ba, that's your daughter. She's gonna have a great party and there will be lots of bachelors. So be good to them please"

Dad remove Mom's hands from his shoulders and he just kept his resting bitch face. "Whatever, I'm busy and I don't want any of you fucking up my business." He walked away and went back to his political buddies who shameless are known for their corruption issues.

I was busy scrolling on my phone, looking up my emails and inbox. There's one that I haven't opened up yet it's my internship at a nursing home in Texas. I was panicking and praying hard.

I opened my Macbook and clicked the mail,

Dear, Ms. Vivienne Soriano

This is Luca Moris the chief nurse of Rosewood Nursing and Rehabilitation Center. We would like to inform you that you're application for your internship has been granted. We're looking forward to seeing you and caring for our patients. See you soon and enjoy your vacation.

Yours truly,
Mr. Luca Moris, RN
Chief Nurse

I was about to squeal, yes I'm finally going back to Texas. I don't know what to do since I still have a lot of things I need to finish, I prepared my reports, my research and my documents for the internship. There's only one thing I need to do before I leave and is to fix my problems with my brothers.

I texted Theo and Zach regarding the situation.

Theo:
What's wrong???

To: Theo
I have news for you just come here

In a just a minute, there's a loud knocking sound outside my bedroom. I opened the door and realized it was the both of them.
Theo looked worried but Zach was just smiling.

Zach was about to hug me but I pushed him away. "This is exactly why, we need to talk". Zach looks confused now, "Lil sissy, come on before I leave town again. Akala ko ba kaya mo kami minessage dahil alam mo na" Zach leaned in closer and whispered seductively in my ear.
"You want to have a good time?" I slapped him this time.

"Tigil-tigilan mo muna ang kamanyakan mo please, this is urgent." I grabbed my macbook and showed them the letter. Zach was happy but Theo wasn't. "Congrats lil sissy" he just gave me a thumbs up. "Yeah, congrats and that means you're leaving me again. Akala ko ba sinabi mo na kayna Dad and Mom na hindi ka muna mag-aapply ng intership?" He crossed his arms and looks disappointed.