Chapter 21

I was surprised that Viv texted me back. I told her I was at a cafe near BGC. She quickly responded that she's on the way. I am so nervous but I've got to tell her right now. I found out she's about to go back to Texas.

To: Viv

Here at the cafe I sent you the address, waiting for you.

From: Viv

Almost there.

I was so nervous knowing any minute I'm gonna see her face again. I tried calling myself down by sipping my ice coffee, gladly it didn't help.

There she was walking infront of the cafe. She looked so beautiful than ever, her brown hair and eyes, she's wearing a plaid dress and white loafers on. Even though her outfit is so simple she can pull anything off and still looks stunning.

It was like a scene from the movies, where everything was on slow motion and she's the only thing that I'm focused on. She opened up the cafe door, scans the area and finally when her eyes met mine. I can feel my heart started fluttering. She sat down infront of me.

"Sorry if I ever made you wait." I was so shy, I smiled awkwardly. "It's okay sanay na naman ako." The atmosphere became even more awkward. I handed her the menu, she didn't even bother to look at it. "Hindi naman ako magtatagal and besides may farewell dinner na gaganapin sa bahay. I'm leaving tomorrow morning."

My smile suddenly fades away, I can't believe the relationship that I'm waiting for was never gonna real at all. "At least order something, come on my treat." She then bit her lip and nodded. "Fine, I'll have an iced caramel macchiato".

I signalized the waitress of the cafe and told Viv's order. While we were waiting, there's the awkward silence again. "Bakit mo nga pala ako pinapunta dito?". She will never have a clue. "Hindi pa ba obvious, Viv tapos yung samin ni Allison and tapos na din kayo di ba?"

She didn't say a word. Bakit ba ayaw niyang sabihin yung tunay niyang nararamdaman, after nung sa Bali ganun na lang ba yun. I'm being patient because of our past pero sana naman bigyan niya ako ng pag-asa. I wanted to fight for her, for us.

"Tobi, anong gusto mong sabihin ko? Gusto mong sabihin ko na mahal kita tapos okay na. Magiging masaya na tayo ng ganun na lang". I stared deeply into her eyes, "Oo Viv, sana yun ang sabihin mo because I love you. I fucking love you. I don't care this time because you're worthed to fight for. Sigurado na ako sa nararamdaman ko sayo."

We stopped talking when the waitress arrived and put down Viv's drink. Viv didn't even bother to look back at me. I can see her holding back her tears. "Kung alam mo lang, pagod na pagod na ako Tobi. Sobrang pagod na ako kakaisip kung babalikan ba kita nung araw na yun. When I found out that brother's bachelor party was gonna be held in Bali natakot ako na makita tayo nila. After what happened di ko alam kung anong gagawin ko at kung sinong pipiliin ko."

I hold her hands and kissed it, "It's simple right now. Choose me Viv". I was shocked when she let go of her hands from mine. She started crying. "No, I'm choosing myself this time. Tobi, I'm sorry I hope one day we'll see each other again as better versions of ourselves. Gusto ko munang gawin yung tama."

I wanted to cry as well but I need to be strong. "Fine, if that's what you wanted. Whatever happens, I'm gonna wait for you. I love you and will always love you. Remember that." I went closer to her and kissed her one last time on her lips.

"Goodbye Tobi, I love you" she smiled back at me, got up to her seat and didn't looked back  when she got out the door. I wanted to be angry and sad at the same time but it's gonna be for our future. "I really don't believe in Destiny before but please I hope I'm waiting for nothing."

I went back to my condo unit, I'm staying here in Manila. Lahat ng gamit ko sa Samar inilipat ko na dito. I don't want to go back for awhile since Dad still not happy about my past with Allison and Mom's is just as coping about her leaving the house.

Nakakuha naman ako ng trabaho, I'm currently deployed at a government firm. Makaipon lang ako, I'll be gladly building my own house sa isang subdivision & applying to bigger companies without the help of my parents and family name.

I took my daily routine at night time, I've got to be early dahil may meeting sa law firm. I stopped thinking about Viv and her departure for tomorrow. She deserves to do her own thing and be happy. I understand that right now, we're in the same boat but nothing's impossible.

If we're meant to be, love will find its way. I lay down on my bed and slept all of the worries away. As I was to close my phone, Felix called me.

"Bro, what's up. Grabe naman bro hindi mo man lang ba bibisitahin yung bago kong bar? Anong klaseng kaibigan ka ba?" I laughed.

"Dude, para kang tanga dyan may trabaho pa ako bukas baka nakakalimutan mo. If I don't work, I'm gonna be broke as fuck". He then snorted.

"Okay bro whatever, by the way nakwento ng staff ko yung nangyari sa cafe kanina naks may pa confession ka pang nalalaman dyan. Iiwan ka rin naman pala."

"Grabe naman yang mga staff mo mga chismosa, manang-mana talaga dun sa may-ari. Kung ano man yun samin na lang ha , pasalamat ka nga dyan hindi kita pinapakaelaman sa lovelife mo."

Parang natakot yung boses niya, "Ito naman hindi mabiro sige na bro goodnight!"

"Biglang bumait, mukhang meron nagpatino. Sino kaya ito. Hmmm gusto kong malaman yan sa susunod ha."

Galit na yung boses niya, "Wala! Parang tanga ka bro" sabay binaba na niya yung tawag. Napaka-galing talaga na kaibigan siya yung tatawag tapos ibaba rin pala niya.

I put down my cellphone, turned the lights off and sleep.

•Wysteria Says