Chapter 15

Wade picked us up, we arrived at the hotel. The place is very elegant and simple at its finest. "Welcome to Sapodilla Ubud" I was still dumbfounded and amazed by the place. Everything was kind of a jungle looking but the aura is very relaxing already. It's like I found heaven unexpectedly.

"Wow, I really found the perfect place for my inner peace" Tobi covered my mouth. "Close your mouth, you're drooling." I slapped him on his right shoulder. He just laughed, Wade looked at us and smirked "ah, you lovebirds reminds me and my wife. Our love story also begun here in Bali." I raised my hand to Wade. "No, we're not in a relationship. He's just an acquaintance". Tobi also awkwardly disagrees, "Yeah, we're not lovers".  Wade looks so disappointed when he heard that, we just both laughed it off to ease the tension. We were now in the lobby, the lady was wearing a national Indian dress and she's wearing a flower wreath on her neck and head.

The lady smiled, "Welcome to Bali, I hope you will have a great stay. Did you have any reservations? your names please." Tobi gestured his hand telling me to go first, I faced the lady and told her my name. She handed me my key card and a brochure of the hotel then Tobi did the same. Wade gave us a thumbs up, "I'll see you guys around, if you need anything here's my card". Wade handed his calling card just in case we need someone to drive for us around in Bali.

Wade left us, Tobi and I were looking at each other. "So, guess this is farewell." I just nodded, we separate our ways. I didn't not even bother to ask what's his room number as if I'll go to his room or vice versa. I'm inside my room, it was so beautiful. The view is overlooking the green trees, it was just relaxing.

My bed was composed of white and green colors, everything around me was also made of wood which made me feel very homey. "This is the simple life that I always wanted, I hope one day I get to live here." I don't want to become emotional because this trip is for me to relieve my stress and escape my family. 

It was already five in the afternoon and I unpacked my stuff, I decided to take a nap and just come out when it's dinner time, tomorrow will be the start of my actual trip. It was now six in the morning, I turned off my alarm and decided to get ready. I dressed up in casual clothes, a simple white off shoulder tee and denim jeans with black sneakers. I brought my sunglasses and lip balm cause I know it's gonna be too sunny.

As I entered the cafeteria, I saw Tobi wearing a light green polo shirt and a pair of khaki shorts, his wearing plain brown sandals. "Good morning, what are your plans for today?". I greeted him and sat in front of him, he just casually sipped his coffee. "I'll be exploring Seminyak, I booked a tour want to join?" he asked. I looked at him, "Okay, I'm actually undecided where shall I go first." He just nodded and continued sipping his coffee, while I decided to go the buffet area and get my breakfast. I just had 2 toasts with jam and butter, I also decided to grab a cup of coffee. 

After a few minutes, a middle age woman wearing a pink shirt that says "Welcome to Bali" and she's wearing a "I Heart Bali" cap came to us. "Excuse me, are you Mr. Tobi I'm Rina and I'm gonna be your tour guide here in Bali." Tobi smiled and got up to his seat, "Thank you Rina, I forgot to inform you, I brought a friend." Rina just smiled at me and excitedly told us to get into the tour bus.

We went inside the tour bus and we were shocked to see Wade as the driver. "Oh hey it's the lovebirds from yesterday. " Tobi looked curious, "Wade, you're here too?" Wade just laughed. "Of course, I'm here as Rina's proud husband and this our business." When Rina heard that she just blushed, Tobi and I took a seat near the driver's area. I'm sitting beside the window, there are about 20 persons in the tour bus most of them are old couples and newlyweds.