Chapter 13

Tonight's the night of the party, everyone is busy preparing especially Mom. She's very meticulous on the things for the event. If she doesn't like a certain stuff she'll definitely remove it immediately. Our relatives have arrived on our mansion. My grandpa smiled so wide when he saw me and I immediately hugged him.

"Pappy, it was so exciting to see you finally! It has been months since I last saw you and you're here. I'm really happy you made it." My grandpa also hugged me and kissed my forehead. "Of course, I won't miss my favorite granddaughter's party. I heard you're achievements and I'm very proud of you. I love you very much and my only wish for you is that one day you'll meet someone like me or you're dad. " I snickered at him, "No pappy, someone better than dad" I told my grandpa to entertain him later because I need to get ready for the event.

As I went to my room, the stylists were ready to pamper me. Mom was all over the place and she even brought some of cousins over to say their opinions on my hair, accessories and dresses that I would wear. My mom was showing off a long maxi peach Gucci dress when suddenly my not-so favorite cousin Tiffany entered the room.

She's 5'11, has a body of a model, with brown hair and caramel colored eyes. She was wearing a red slit gown with matching high colored gold heels and her Pandora jewels.

"Wow, that dress is to die for cousin. It really fits you especially when the occasion is your funeral" she sipped on her glass of wine and keeps on criticizing the clothes that I would wear. I snatched her wine and looked her straight in the eyes, "scared that cause I'm actually be the in the spotlight this time. Well, imagine even in my own funeral I'll still be the good-looking one." I smirked at her and I emptied the glass of wine and gave the glass to her.

She was holding it with an angst. She was trying to confront me but Mom kept on calling me to choose which dresses that I like so that they could start prepping me up. "Tiff, I'm sorry it's just that it's my party and I don't want to invite but since I'm still considering you as my family. Just enjoy the show cousin" she went closer to me.

She put back a strand of my hair at the back of my ear. "Well, I can't wait for your surprises bring it on. If you think you can beat me then it shows how unintelligent you are". Then she just left the room.

Great another enemy will be added on my list, I mean hindi na ba nauubos ang mga inggit sa mundo na to. Mga gandang-ganda sa sarili hindi naman tunay na magaganda. It makes me feel uncomfortable right now so I told mom to tell to my cousins to leave the room and stay at the ballroom hall.

I took a shower and then the stylists started pampering me and I chose a light blue off-shoulder kind of gown. That made me look like I'm Cinderella for the night. Together with silver heels decorated with shining diamonds and a black diamond necklace. My hair was braided, curled and with a silver tiara with a pink diamond on the center to make me even feel like a princess.

After the preparation, I was on stand-by waiting for my escort, I still have no clue who mom choosed for me. She said it was a surprise. I take a peek on what's happening on the ballroom, there were like a hundred guests and everyone was chatting. Everybody looked elegant as well, I felt a bit nervous because I really don't want to be the center of attention.

A few minutes later my dad appeared, "you look so beautiful tonight, I can't believe it you're already a young woman." I smiled it was one of the best compliments I ever heard from my dad. "Thank you so much Dad". Even though he's doing this for the fame, I don't care because at least we still have that bond. The host was already on stage ready for my introduction, I hold dad's  arm and we are already prepared to walk down the hallway.

"Our lovely birthday celebrant, Ms. Vivienne Soriano she's an excellent psychology student at the University of Mary Hardin Baylor, a responsible daughter and sister. Now she's a young woman ready to take her toll, here she is together with her father  Congressman Victorio Jose Soriano Jr." My dad and I walked the runway and all eyes on us. I saw my relatives, friends and dad's fellow politicians. I also saw Tobi and his family, everybody is applauding me. I couldn't help to feel uneasy because of the photographers.  After we made it on the center stage dad accompanied me to the pink sofa and I just sat there. Dad left the stage and all eyes on me. The host said to twirl around the stage so that everybody can see my gown and how beautiful I was that night.