Chapter 27

I was playing billiards with Zach and Dad at the balcony. He was winning, but I made sure to stop him.

A few games later, Dad missed his shot in winning and I won. Dad seemed very happy for awhile. I'm really glad we all patched things up.

"I am so proud of you my sons, I never thought this day would come. Every day I always blame myself for what happened. Was I being a harsh father that time, the worst husband as well that my wife left suddenly and my kids all turned my back without a word."

He was trying his best not to cry, "Dad tapos na yun. Wag ka ng iiyak, nandito na kaming mga anak mo. You did what you think was right back then. Mga tao lang tayo na nagkakamali, alam ko na mali yung nagawa namin pero yung aminin namin yun at mabigyan kami ng pagkakataon na magbago ay isang biyaya na para samin"

Zach's comforting words just come out, I really felt so relieved to have my family intact right now.

"I just wished at this moment kasama natin si mom, we really tried our best to bring you guys closer as ever but she's not yet ready."

Dad seemed at ease right now, I can tell he really accepted the fact that there's a low chance of them getting back together. Dad left the billiard table and choose to seat on the sofa near the balcony.

"I respect her decision anyway, It really is hard. Don't force it, kung ayaw niya okay lang naman sakin."

Me and Zach joined Dad on the couch, Zach then later on grabbed a bottle of Jack and has three glasses prepared on the table. "She will be back in your arms, we all know it and I can see it coming." Zach pours the alcohol into our glasses.

We all drank it straightly, suddenly everyone is in a serious mode. "I want this military break of mine be memorable because it will took a long time to be back in this state. Ang hirap hirap na nandun ako sa military camp, parang lagi akong mababaliw. Cloe was the only one who made me keep sane."

Dad smiled, "I know that feeling son, ako na laging nandito sa bahay halos mabaliw na nung iniwan niyo ko mag-isa."

I really can't help to feel sad about it, it may be the universe saying it is his karma but he is still my dad. I went up to him and rubbed his shoulder. "It's gonna be okay Dad, we're sorry for all the things we have done. We didn't mean it to happen that way."

Dad was just calm, "I understand son, I didn't not give the same amount of affection to you guys that it has to happen. I'm sorry that it took us so long to have our relationship this way, I'm not a perfect father and you're not perfect as well."

Lumapit si Zach saming dalawa ni Dad. "Dad, thank you for everything. You were there for us when mom died. I know at first it was hard to accept Viv's mom especially for me but you made us realize that family is more important. Kahit gaano pa kalaki o kadami ang kasalanan mo, ang pamilya dapat ang unang uunawa sayo. "

Zach and I hugged Dad tightly, pinaramdam namin sa kanya na nandito lang kami para sa kanya. Kahit anong man mangyari tatay pa rin namin siya, wala naman ng ibang magdadamayan kundi kami rin lamang.

Dad was crying once again, "I am so proud of you my boys. You overcome your mistakes and become better versions of yourselves. Owning up to your mistakes are very hard as well. I wish that I could do the same even before."

We told him to stop crying, "Dad, ok na baka sabihin nila pinapaiyak ka namin. You did great dad okay."

Finally we all settled down on the living room, Dad brought out cans of beers. "Zach, how's married life to Macey." Zach was busy sipping his beer, "It's amazing, now that I'm gonna be a dad. I want what's best for her and for the baby. I never thought it would come true."

"Enjoy it my son, those moments that I knew I was going to be a dad was the best moments of my life. " Our conversation was then interupted by Macey. Nilapitan ni Macey si Zach at hinihigit nito ang kamay para tumayo sa kinauupuan.

"Zach let's go na please, I'm tired already" tila nagpapalambing naman si Macey kay Zach at nagyaya na pauwi. Agad namang sinunod ni Zach ang asawa. "Okay, magpaalam na muna tayo sa kanila." Macey then hugged me and Dad, they bid us goodbye. Hinanap din niya si Cloe at Viv.

Umalis na din agad ang mag-asawa, si Cloe naman. Si Viv ay mag-stay kay Dad for the rest of her days while I'm gonna go back to the military base with Cloe.

Nagpaalam na kami ni Cloe sa kanila, we are now inside my car on the way to our military base. Silence was invading our space.

"What did you think of Viv?" I asked Cloe the intriguing question, she smiled awkwardly. She was avoiding my eyes, "Okay naman siya, I can see why you liked her."

I was left speechless for about a minute,  "Cloe, don't ever think of that and don't compare yourself to her. You are beautiful in your own way kung natatakot ka dahil iniisip mo na baka iwanan kita for her." I hold Cloe's hand.

She then looked at me and smiled, "I can't help it she's your great love, but hearing this from you I am now confident."

She hold my hand tighter, she even kissed me on my lips. "I love you and nothing's gonna change that."

I smiled, "I love you too Cloe."

•Wysteria Says