Chapter 10

The Chou's have a little campfire place in the middle of their veranda. Inabot na kami ng gabi ni Theo, so mom decided to follow us for dinner.

"I'm sorry sis, ininvite pa si Tita para lang pag-usapan yung business" Millie looked worried and concerned.

I gave her a reassuring look and pat and her shoulder. "Don't worry, sanay na ako sis" then Theo overheard our conversation and looked worried as well.

"Mukhang di lang si Mommy yung ininvite, take a look" Theo pointed his index finger then me and Millie both looked up to see who it is.

I almost spilled the ice coffee that I was drinking it.

"What the fuck" I hissed

Tobi arrived with his parents, I hold Millie's hand and ran away from the scene. We reached her room and I locked her bedroom door.

"Sis, what's up. Are you okay?" She looks worried and hold my shoulders to calm me down

"That's Tobi, the guy I'm telling you about. Why is he here?!" I am definitely panicking, I don't know what will I say or do. Theo will be so mad baka kung ano pa ang mangyari nito.

Millie looked shocked and hugged me.

"Sorry hindi ko alam na ininvite sila nina mom and dad, The Serrano's are very important people here in Samar. Dad just wanted to impress and expand his business, yun lang yun. They don't know anything Viv"

I definitely can't calm down, I am being hysterical.

"Yun na nga Millie, they don't know anything. I am scared, lahat tayo madadamay nito. Our family businesses and image to the public. I doubt anybody in this room can keep a secret."

Millie sat down on the foot part of her bed and took a deep breath.

"Viv, take a chill pill. We got this, ako na ang bahala just act normal." She hold my hand together and I took a deep breath after I calmed down, we both got out of her room and proceeded to the dining hall where everybody is waiting for us.

I sat beside Theo and Tobi was in front of us. I never felt so awkward in my entire life. While our parents are busy talking about politics and their growing business, Theo was whispering in my ear.

"Anong nagustuhan mo sa ungas na yan?" I wanted to make a facepalm kaso sobrang obvious. I just rolled my eyes at him, sobrang gigil na din ako kasi hindi ko magayat yung steak ko.

Tobi looked at me furiously while I'm still trying to cut my steak with force.

"Let me cut your steak" he coldly said. I looked at him and was about to give my plate to him. Theo suddenly hold my plate and he glared at Tobi.

"No, let me. She doesn't need your help but thank you for the concern" Theo put my plate down and started to cut my steak in biteful pieces.

Tobi continued chewing on his steak and grabbed his glass and hurriedly drank his wine.

"Theo right? So, where did you graduate. I heard you're taking up Law. I got accepted in Harvard by the way, how about you?" As soon as Tobi said that Theo was already glaring at him furiously and I can see Theo's fist clenching already.

I hold Theo's hand tightly and whispered on his left ear.

"Calm down and don't clench your fist please"