3. she's american

matty

once val and kat leave, i go to the kitchen to find something to eat and some painkillers for the fucking hangover i have.

"so," i hear george from behind me. "you and val?"

"what about us? we're friends." i say not looking at him once.

"yeah, i could tell by the way you kept flirting with her." i look at him and see him rolling his eyes and i sigh.

"i swear we're just friends." i say. "yeah we fucked last night but she has a boyfriend."

"if the sex was bad you wouldn't have came with her." he raises his eyebrows as i grab the bottle of painkillers from the cabinet.

"she's a good fuck mate but we're just friends." i take one of the pills and down it with a bottle of water. "but it felt different than other girls. i know she's different from other girls."

"mate, don't fall in love with the moment and think you're in love with the girl." he walks to the living room leaving me to think about whatever the fuck he just said.

"the fuck is that supposed to mean?" i ask following him and sitting on the chair.

"whatever you think it means." he mumbles and i roll my eyes. "did you forget you have a girlfriend?"

"fucking hell, don't remind me." i groan.

"if i don't, who will?" he laughs. "you can't keep fucking girls everytime you get into a minor argument."

"it wasn't a minor argument, mate. she's fucking crazy. started throwing stuff at me and shit." i explain while i check my messages from last night and see gabbys name pop up. i had 30 messages from her.

i briefly read them which had messages such as i hate you, you dumb fuck, can we talk? i sighed and replied so that she would stop spamming me with meaningless messages.

we can talk if you're ready to have a proper conversation.

i truly couldn't care if the message was too harsh. at this point, i was done with the relationship so i don't really know why i was still holding on to it. deep down i wanted it to work but maybe it was just because i wanted the affection from a woman.

i see the notification that gabby sent me a message: let's talk over dinner.

i'm not sure why but i find myself going to val's number and messaging her if she wants to have a double date at a restaurant tonight.

fuck it. i finally send the message after debating whether it was a good idea or not.

she messages back almost immediately and says she'd love to and to let her know when and where.

i let out a breath i didn't know i was holding in and message gabby to let her know im inviting a friend to make it a double date. im fucking hoping she doesn't go psycho on me.

to my surprise, she agrees with me and sends another message that makes me roll my eyes and want to block her number: it's about time you found other friends besides those loser guys of yours

i didn't reply simply because i didn't want to and what the fuck am i supposed to say to that anyways?

i let val know when and where it is and remind her that gabby is crazy and might be jealous of her because of her looks. that might of been my attempt to flirt with her but i truly couldn't care if i was hurting gabby, mainly because she had done far more worse than what i was doing, and because val was flirting back.

"what the fuck are you smiling at?" i hear ross ask.

fuck, he was right. why the fuck was i smiling at my phone?

"it's about time you woke up." i ignore his question but george answers him.

"it's his new girlfriend he's already in love with."

"fuck off." i groan. "what about your girl? you were practically eating each other over there."

"she may be a little clingy, but she's a good fuck and somewhat good company. i can make it work." he assures. "at least i'm not cheating on anyone."

"trust me mate, you would be if gabby was your girlfriend." i run my hand through my curls.

"just do us all a favour and break up with her. i can't stand her." ross says.

"let me just give it another chance." i say. "who knows, it might work out."

i try to sound convincing but it was clear i was not convincing anyone, especially myself.

"we're going to dinner tonight. val and her boyfriend are coming too." i add.

"your girlfriend and the girl you fucked in the same room together? what could go wrong?" george says sarcastically.

"it's not like gabby knows," i mumble. "and i'm going to make sure she doesn't find out. so do me a favour and don't say shit to her, yeah?"

they all mutter an "okay" to themselves and i find myself getting up out of my seat. i needed to clear my mind.

"i'm going out for a walk."