-fourth year-

"This year, an exceptional event will take place in our school, the triwizard tournaments, we will host students from "Beauxbatons Academy of magic " in France and "Durmstrang institute". One students of each school will be chosen to participate in a three steps tournament. To assure the security of our students, only students over eighteen will be able to put their names in the goblet of fire. "

I begged Cedric not to participate, but he did it anyway, maybe I should have tried harder.
When we learned he had to fight a dragon, I screamed and cried for him not to go, but he has already put his name in the goblet, and Cedric didn't like to abandon. Even though I didn't approve, I was at the front row acclaiming him and screaming his name, I was scared to death for him but when he won and got the egg, I was the first to applaud him and to congratulate him when he came back.

Afterward, for the merepeople test, i had my eyes sticked to the calm water.. too calm, when he finally came out of the water, holding cho in his arms, I was screaming for him, he had finished first and for the first time I had hope he might get out of this without getting hurt and maybe even win. God knows I was wrong.
At the Yule ball, which I attended with jasper and Elsie as a trio, he'd promised to save me a dance, and he did, because no matter what he was doing or he was with, he would always be there for me. I had the time of my life at this ball, dancing all night with jasper and Elsie, I was happier than ever, and at midnight, I danced with Cedric, not romantically, I couldn't see him like that, but as a brother-sister dance more like, he held me close to him while we slow danced to the last song of the ball, there was no more than ten other people dancing around us, Neville and Ginny, some other student and two professors, it was magic and my heart could explode from joy.
And finally, the last task arrived, the labyrinth, which hid the triwizard tournament cup.
My last words to him were that:
"Hey, Cedric, I know you can do it, you're the strongest, kindest, bravest person I know. I love you, thanks for being here for me when no one was, thanks for sticking with me, just..be safe...please."
"Hey..liv..I'm coming back you know that ?"
That's when the tears started falling down.
"Yes, it's just so dangerous, I don't want you to get hurt you know..just please be careful in there."
"Of course, I love you too Olivia, see you after I win this tournament !"
"Go ! Show them who you are!"
And like that he left, in that music, this bloody music, I still hear it in my nightmares.
We had been waiting for almost two hours now when two bodies appeared in front of the labyrinth, the cup rolling next to them.
It was Cedric and that Harry Potter kid, I started to run toward them to see who had won, when suddenly I stopped, a few feet away from them, Cedric's body wasn't moving at all, and Harry was sobbing over him, I wasn't the only one who had noticed, Fleur Delacourt started to scream and Dumbledore rushed to Harry, trying to pull him away from Cedric, Harry screamed.
"He's back ! He's back, Voldemort is back !
Cedric, he asked me to bring his body back, I couldn't leave him, not there !"
I didn't realize that I had fallen down on my knees, looking at his lifeless body, tears not coming out of my eyes. Suddenly I saw Cedric's father running to him, falling on his body, screaming and crying.
"Nooo, that's my boy ! That's my son"
I couldn't scream, I couldn't cry, I had just lost my best friend, my brother and I didn't know how to act, I couldn't realize what had just happened, I would never realize it.

And that's when my life changed, when a part of me died with him.