The Demon Inside ~ Part 3

It was finished. Dean was back. You sat there, a crumpled mess on the cold floor in Dean's arms. The tears poured from your eyes. This was the hardest thing you had ever done and it took a lot out of you. But you didn't give up. Giving up wasn't an option when it came to love. This shit was hard work and you worked like a damn dog. You never faltered. Matter of fact you believed that marriage was the scariest monster you had ever faced. No one warns you about how much it involves, especially when your husband is Dean Winchester and a hunter. Two totally different worlds colliding. The normal woman wouldn't be able to handle what you have and that made you feel strong.

As you cuddled Dean, he rubbed your back in soothing circles. He whispered sweet nothings to you and eventually you fell asleep. It was no shock to Sam, he was pretty damn exhausted too. Dean lifted you up bridal style and without a word to his brother, he walked out of the room, carrying you up to bed. Dean kissed your forehead as he laid you down. He tossed a blanket on top of you, caressing your cheek.

He admired you like he always did, still falling for you. "I love you (Y/N)," he whispered before exiting the room to head downstairs.

In the library, Sam sat at the table rubbing his eyes. He was just as relieved to have his brother back. He didn't know what he would have done if the cure hadn't worked. He tried not to imagine himself taking Dean's life. That was something that he'd rather not think about. Yes, Dean had died before, but the idea of Dean dying for real just tore him apart. It made him feel worse when he thought about (Y/N). It would have torn his heart to pieces to break hers. He sighed heavily.

Dean approached him. "Hey. You alright?"

Sam shook his head slowly. How the hell did Dean think that Sam was alright after the night he went through? That was a stupid question. Still, Sam answered plainly. "Yeah, I'm fine."

Dean sat down across the table from Sam, folding his hands in front of him. He knew there was a lot for them to talk about.

"Listen...Sam...I'm sorry if I did or said anything wrong while I was...you know."

A little irritated, Sam stood up. "I think you should be apologizing to your wife more than me." With that, Sam began to walk away. He wasn't in the mood to be dealing with this right now.

Dean turned his body in the chair. "What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

That was it. Sam had had enough. He faced his brother. "Dean...that woman was up all night...running from you. She insisted that she be the one to cure you and me, being a big dumb idiot, let her do it. You chased her around this whole fucking bunker...breaking down doors, stalking her. She was terrified when I came back to stop you from doing something you'd regret later. (Y/N) cried more than I had ever seen her cry before. She was convinced that you were gone forever and I had to convince her that it wasn't too late to save your ass." He paused, calming himself down. "She loves you Dean. She loves you so much and the shit that you said to her while...while you were a demon." Sam rubbed his eyes again. "You know what, it's not my place to tell you. You should ask (Y/N) when she wakes up." Sam vanished upstairs.

Dean was left there to wonder what he had actually done. Some parts he could remember, but there was so much more that was blurry. Oh man he just hoped that he didn't get too out of hand.

Standing up, he took a lap around the room. His nerves were on edge and anxiety was rising. He slowly stopped by the hallway. All it took was a glance down that way and he had a sudden flashback.

"You act like I want to be cured!"

The sound of the sledgehammer hitting the wooden door made his ears ring.