It's Been Awhile ~ Part 3

The sun shone through the window, blinding you for a split second before rolling over onto your other side. As you slowly came to, the memories from last night flashed through your mind. Eyes still closed, your lips spread wide, stretching your arms up above your head. On your back, staring up at the ceiling, you turned your head expecting to find Dean beside you, but he was gone. You sat up quickly, the sheet covering your breasts landing just below your bellybutton. "Dean?" No response.

Sliding out of bed, you put on clean clothes, running a hand through your messy hair. Your gut was twisted into a tight knot. Anxiety was taking over as you called his name again, "Dean?"

Opening the door to your bedroom, you almost jogged down the hallway to your living room. You searched frantically all around. His clothes were gone, yours still laying in the same spot he'd thrown them the night before. Now you were starting to shake. Leaving the living room, you headed to the kitchen. "Dean?!" 

Almost in a panic, you entered the kitchen only to be met with the smell of fresh cooked bacon and eggs. On the island, a loaf of bread, an open jar of strawberry jam, two coffee cups, and two paper plates were placed on it. You noticed Dean was dressed, spatula in his right hand, moving the contents around inside of the cast iron pan. 

It brought you delight to see him this way, he seemed so at home

It brought you delight to see him this way, he seemed so at home. Beginning to approach him, he turned around with the most serious expression on his face, pan and spatula still in hand. Spotting you from across the counter, his face changed. Complete happiness took over. "Good morning beautiful."

"Good morning!" 

You waited and watched as he poured the food onto the plates evenly. Once he rinsed the pan, setting it down into the sink with the spatula, he went around the island, pulling you by the waist to him. He pressed a light kiss to your lips. "How do you feel today?"

"So much better now that I know you're still here."

Dean pressed his hand to your cheek, thumb brushing across your soft skin. "Stop worrying sweetheart. I told you I wasn't leaving you again. You gotta trust me."

"I do...I'm just..."

Tucking a strand of lose hair behind your ear, he said, "I know...but I promise you I won't."

Grinning mischievously, you stuck up your pinky finger to him, "Pinky swear?"

He laughed. "Really? The pinky?"

"It's time for the pinky Mr. Winchester."

He hooked his pinky with yours. "Pinky swear. Now can we please eat? I made breakfast for you."

"As if I was going to pass up bacon."

"That's exactly what I say!" 

Both of you picked up your plates and a fork from one of the drawers, sitting down at your dining table. As you sat next to each other, it was silent except for the sound of both of you munching on food. Dean was sipping his coffee between eating while reading some articles in the newspaper. One story caught his eye, it was titled, '21 Year Old Woman Found Mutilated On Public Bike Trail.'