Chapter Twelve

Another afternoon, another experience, I guess.

I log into Wattpad on Saturday, surprisingly for the first time today.

The notifications I received revolve around five users whose books I checked out;

Cocobearloves
Movie-star
Jobless_girl_14
Angelina_Stephen
Renarouge-reads

All except cocbearloves had sent me thank you messaged that look a little like this;

Multimouse_3.0
Thank you so much for you inspiring comment. You've really made my day.
I'm so glad that you're enjoying my book.
And I would love to read your book.

But I felt my cheeks heat up in embarrassment when I read the message that Cocobearloves had sent.

Multimouse_3.0
I know that you didn't really read my book.
It's ok if you didn't, I didn't beg you to read it.
If you want a reading request just ask for one.
You don't have to lie to me.

I sighed before biting my lip. Now I could see what Amy had been talking about.

All the people who had sent me appreciative messages had probably felt so happy that I was reading their books.

They probably thought that I was a true reader.

Cocobearloves probably thinks that I'm a terrible person right now and the last thing I want is for rumours to start spreading about me on Wattpad.

I typed an apology message immediately.

Hi
I'm sorry that I did that. I was just a little desperate I guess.
Please don't be mad. Your book actually is pretty cool and I would love to keep reading it.

I added her book and the books written by the other writers to my library, before I continued going through my notifications.

Renarouge-reads added your book to her library.
Jobless_girl_14 added your book to Soon to read.

I also had a few votes and comments on my book from the other writers.

I sighed. Most of the books that I had skimmed through had more than twenty chapters and now I had to genuinely read them all so as not to hurt anyone.

I'm such an idiot.

I went through my notifications and wasn't surpried when I realized that Anime_lover still hasn't responded to my request.

I rolled my eyes before deciding to start with Marinette leaves Paris written by Renarouge-reads.

***

Niyi: And now I have to read all of their books or my conscience will never let me be.

I had to tell Amy even though she would be a bit sassy about it.

I needed some advice.

Amy: Three words bae,
I.Told.You.So

Niyi: I get it, you were right.
And I'm sorry for getting mad.
But I really need help right now.

Amy: When you don't have your head in a math equation you're the faster reader I know.
You even read newspapers which is definitely something to brag about.

I laughed knowing that she was right. But before I could type a reply, she sent another message.

Amy: It's a lot of work yeah, but nothing good comes easy.
Be the chicken leg.

Amy had this joke about the chicken's leg being the strongest and most useful party of the chicken's body.

"If you want to be any part of the chicken" She had once said " Be the leg "

I shook my head before typing.

Niyi: Thanks, I guess.
How is your sister doing?

Amy: She's slowly becoming a Wattpad addict but she's good.

Niyi: Look who's talking.
The Tik tok maniac of the century.

Amy: You have grown wings!

Niyi: I didn't know that human beings could grow wings.

Amy: You get luck that you no dey beside me Niyi. What kind of comeback is that?

Niyi: The kind that wins great awards.

Amy: *sigh*
But on a serious note, everyone is just trying to stay sane during this lockdown.

Niyi: We don't even know when we are going back to school:-(

Amy: Have you heard the rumours though?

Niyi: What rumours?

Amy: We are going back in May.

Niyi: It's not possible.
The people that are spreading this rumour it's like corona virus don dey rent apartment inside their head.

Amy: Niyi oh!!!

I pinched the bridge of my nose. I had every right to be mad. No good websites always spreading fake News just to mess around with the emotions of already broken people.

Niyi: Guy I don't want to vex ahbeg!
The cases are still rising. At this rate, we might not go to school till June at least.

Amy: Ok oh.
But I'll still be keeping my hopes up.
There can be miracles.

Niyi: That's true.
The only thing we can do is pray.

Amy: Exactly :-(

I didn't have anything left to type so I went offline. Before, Amy and I used to have so much to gossip about from the latest breakups to the hottest rumours.

But now that we were stuck at home, our discussions were kind of weird.

Like we were watching two weirdos try to talk to each other.

Like it was a little too dry to be us.

I prayed everyday for the pandemic to come to an end soon.

And I always hopes that God would answer my prayers soon enough.