Chapter Nineteen.

It took me a few days to recover from the shock of looking the competition.

My tests would probably be starting soon and I really needed to get my busy life back in track.

So I stopped sulking and decided to move to the sitting room to do my work.

Tayo was relaxing on the sofa watching an episode of evil lives here in investigation discovery.

He lay on the couch with his legs on it using one of the arm tests as a pillow.

He has his arms at the back of his head and the remote was om the centre table.

I hate this show, it always gives me night mares.

I settled in the arm chair in the left of the room and dropped my books on the centre table, ready to get to work.

I was already flipping through my chemistry note when Tayo to began to increase the volume of the tv.

I thought that he couldn't hear it properly so I ignored him.

But then he kept on increasing it to the extent that I was sure it was loud enough to raise the dead.

"Stop it!" I shouted .

He laughed "I can't hear you over the tv"

I knew that he was just trying to pull my legs like He usually did but I wasn't in the mood.

"I'm not joking" I shrieked .

But he was still smirking at me not moving a muscle.

I snapped.

A little voice in side my head was telling me not to say it but I said it anyway.

"Just because you're wasting your life away in front of that t.v. doesn't mean that I have to do the same" I snarled "reduce the volume.

Tayo looked like he wanted to punch my face. But instead of doing so he switched of the tv and tossed the remote into the sofa he had been lying on.

Then he stood up.

" Watch what you say Niyi! " He said, eyes reducing to slits "Just because you're angry doesn't mean you should take it out on me"

He stormed away and I heard him slam the door b behind him.

At this point I was feeling too angry to feel bad. My head was hurting and I just felt weird and out of control.

I didn't even feel like doing my school work anymore.

I picked up my phone and decided to try distracting myself with a Wattpad story.

I poked around a bit on Wattpad until I found a popular book which I thought I might enjoy.

It was titled "Rainbow love" and written by a well known Nigerian writer.

I tapped the black read button and dived into the story.

The first part of the story was a fancy author's note. I was reading through it and I was annoyed when I felt the need to use a dictionary.

I hadn't even gotten past the author's note. Was my vocabulary bank that empty?

On the next page I found a quote and a playlist beneath it .

The quote read;

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going"

I knew most of the songs on the playlist. Rihanna's unfaithful, Lewis Capaldi's someone you loved and Ariana Grande's side to side were all on the list.

This writer knew her songs and she knew them well.

The next page had character mood boards in it and I had to say, they were breathtakingly beautiful.

Why hadn't I thought of this when I was writing my own story?

The mood boards had one general colour which reflected the characters personalities.

The main character had a blue themed mood board while the protagonist had a red themed one.

I sighed before scrolling up to the next page

***

I had read ten chapters in was really enjoying the story line of the book.

But the book made me feel terrible about myself. It made me question the plot of my own story.

Should I take say it like you mean it down and replace it with a romantic story like this one?

Or were my writing skills just so wack that no matter which genre I choose my work will always be garbage?

I added the book to my library and frowned when I realized that it had twenty thousand reads.

According to what I had read, the author has started writing this book around the same time I did.

And my book was only just getting to a thousand reads.

Call me whatever you want! Ungrateful, Impatient, blind.

I really don't care anymore. Wattpad is beginning to mess with my head.

The worst part about this is that no matter how bad it makes me feel, I keep coming back. The books here are just too good.