Chapter Thirty Two

My birthday had been a really special one.

Great people to spend it with, Tons of food, sneaking kissed with Faruq inbetween.

Definitely the best day of my life.

I stretched out my legs resting my back on the arm of the chair, it was seven pm and Amy and Faruq had just left.

Amy had said that we were resuming on the twenty first of September, I could only pray that that was true.

My dad has bought me some data as promised, so I decided to log into Wattpad.

Yup, I'm back.

When the home page loaded, I was happy to see that a few more users had added My book to their reading list.

My notification box was also filled to the brim with announcements, book updates and reading requests but it was only the message I had that caught my attention.

It was from a user called Iota877

Dear Multimouse_3.0
I'm Emmie
We've read the first few pages of your book and are really impressed. We would like to invite your to join our league of writers on Read always app.
Click this link to join our team.
Send an email to my account if you have any questions.

I was suspicious to say the least. Glad but suspicious.

I decided to ask Rena about the mysterious user.

When I checked out her Emmie's profile there was nothing there.

I frowned. She had only joined Wattpad A few days ago and she was going around offering contracts.

On returning to the message section, I found out that Rena has replied to my message.

Renarouge-reads: Did they give you their full name or mention the name of your book?

Multimouse_3.0: No.

Renarouge-reads: Were you given an official email or personal email to contact?

Multimouse_3.0: No.

Renarouge-reads: It's an illegitimate contract. Mute the user and don't reply.

I shrughed. I knew it had been too good to be true.

Multimouse_3.0: Ok, thanks for the advice.

Renarouge-reads: Sure. Are you ok?

I squinted at her question. How did she know that I was kind of disappointed.

Multimouse_3.0: Yeah. A part of me actually thought my book had a chance.

Renarouge-reads: Your story is a great one. It's one of the diverse books that Wattpad really needs.
But you need to be patient. I know you'll be successful one day.

Rena had a point. I was getting sick of comparing myself to other writers and putting myself down. I was working hard on my book and gradually things were getting better.

Being patient is easier said than done but it's the only choice I have right now.

Multimouse_3.0: Thanks :-)

Renarouge-reads: You're welcome.

I had come a long way since I joined Wattpad.

Loss, fights and misunderstandings had almost ruined my life but somehow... I had found a way through it.

If I could do that, then I could wait for my book to get noticed.

I went in search of good reviewers and a competition to join