Chapter Twenty one

I sighed as I plopped down in my bed one afternoon absolutely tired of life right now.

Ever since I heard of what happened to aunt Aviva I had worked twice as hard doing my chores and school work so that I wouldn't be a burden to my mother.

She was upset enough. She didn't need a lazy daughter to add to her problems.

I had also prayed. I asked God to help her recover quickly because I knew how sad mum would be if she passed on.

I picked my phone up from my bedside and logged into Wattpad for the first time today.

Yes, the first time. No need to rejoice, sheesh.

I tapped the little bell like button at the bottom of my screen to check my notifications.

Shut up!

Like shut up right now!

SamuelOgie had replied to every single one of My comments.

I spent a few minutes reading though the replies and smiling like an idiot whenever he agreed with my comments.

I was kind of happy, at least one thing was going right for me today.

My smile finally faded when I realized that there was nothing special about him replying to my comments.

He had replied to all the other comments yesterday and apologies for not seeing them.

He had said that Wattpad was acting up a bit.

With an annoyed huff, I exited the book and decided to check my other notifications.

Someone had left a reading request on my message board.

I had to check it out.

The reading request had come from a writer called Temi-Ayoola44

Hey there,
Could you please check out my book Caving in. I promise that it'll be interesting and worth your time.

I wasn't the kind of reader to ignore a reading request. I still had a lot of books to finish in my library but I didn't think another book could hurt

I typed;

Yeah, sure. I would love to check it out.

I tapped her profile picture so that I could learn more about her.

Her bio was a basic description of her. She was twenty one years old a bit of a Harry potter fan, a Z world fanatic and had a leo zodiac sign.

She only has one book, and it had about fifteen thousand reads.

I tapped in the book which had a brunette meditation on its cover and began to read.

Like a few of the stories I had read on Wattpad of was pretty good.

The writer had concocted the plot in such a way that the story was neither too long not too short.

It was also a completed story with forty chapters.

I sighed reading on and trying not to compare my writing style to that of the book I was reading.

When was the last time I had even read a book without feeling bad about myself?

I was almost in the third Chapter when the phone buzzed.

I thought that it might be a message from my mother so I pressed the shortcut without checking first.

It was actually a message from Dena.

She rarely ever chatted with me so I was curious as to why she was doing so now.

Dena: Hey

Niyi: Hi

Dena: Guy, did you really block Amy and Faruq?

So that what this is about.

I rolled my eyes typing my next message.

Niyi: Yes. How is it affecting you?

Dena: They've been using their statuses to get you.
They don't even know what they did wrong.

Niyi: They are just playing dumb. If I had known that they were like this I would never have befriended them in the first place.

Dena: please be wise. This is July. We might not go back to school till September. It might be too late by that time.

Dena: Please sort things out.
Amy tells me how much she misses you everyday. She cried during a video call

Niyi: She should be crying becauseShe's a backstabber.
At least now She know a how I feel.

Dena: What did she do to you this girl?!

Niyi: I'm sorry but it's a personal matter.

Dena: At least tell her why you're mad, she doesn't know.

Niyi: She does and I know she's been lying to you. I just hope she's happy with herself now.

Dena: Suit yourself.

Dena: But when your life begins to fall apart just because of your anger don't go mopping around.

Dena: Because you did it all with your own hands.

She's acting like Faruq and Amy did nothing at all. Like they haven't been dating behind my back.

Like there's a reasonable explanation.

Well you know what, screw that!