Chapter Two

I woke up to my brother, Tayo's off key singing.

It was ten in the morning so I was kind of thankful that he woke me up.

Online lessons began at twelve pm today, remembering that fact, I jumped out of bed and hurried into the bathroom.

I was now an official member of the Wattpad community.

I grinned at the thought of me becoming a Wattpad legend some day.

Yesterday, I had chosen the user name Multimouse_3.0 for my account since I was such a big fan of miraculous Ladybug.

And as you probably already guessed, Marinette was my display picture.

I had also added a few books to my library.

Nina, Amy's sister had recommended that I add After, crossbones and the undercover series to my library too.

I hadn't come up with what to write in my book yet, but I would do that soon enough.

When I was ready and dressed, I turned on my phone patiently waiting for it to boot so that I could see what my online classes had to offer.

I unlocked my phone screen and tapped the Google classroom shortcut where my classes were usually held.

My first class of the day, math was about to start.

Had it really taken me that long to dress up?

I was probably so slow because I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing, I was thinking about the many books available on Wattpad.

Oh well.

"Niyi" My brother called probably from downstairs.

"Yes" I answered not looking up from my phone.

"Are you not eating your breakfast, abi you are fasting ni?" He asked.

I could hear the smile in his voice.

"Because, I'll gladly eat it for you"

He.Dare.Not.

I pulled the books I needed out of my large bookshelf, picked my purse up from my little arm chair and raced down the stairs to confront my brother.

Tayo's chocolate brown skin was shinning, probably because he had just finished dressing up like me.

We looked really alike, my brother and I. But while I had mom's long brown curly hair, he had dad's thick black bush.

He was in the living room watching a re-run of Henry Danger.

The living room had a dreamy theme. There was a huge beige sofa, two beige arm chairs and a flat screen Tv.

It was perfect.

He flashed me a toothy grin from the chair he was sitting on and pointed at the dinning table.

"There's bread there if you're hungry" He said "If you're not, you know what to say"

My brother. A first class annoying, sarcastic, rude glutton.

It was annoying that my parents were busy journalists.

It was more annoying that they left me to deal with my older brother when they weren't around.

I rolled my eyes before dropping my things and walking to the kitchen to get the utensils I would need.

I hummed new rules by Dua lipa happily as I took my plate to the dinning table.

I stood beside the brown chair on the left, spreading Nutella on my bread.

"Niyi!" My brother called.

"What" I snapped, looking up from my delicious break fast.

"Nothing, I just felt like calling you" He said without looking away from the tv.

"Why" I said with a sigh "Please just tell me why"

"Why what"

" Why do you have to act like a three year old? " I asked, taking my plate to one of the armchairs in the sitting room.

"Why do you have to act like you're old?" He asked sticking his tongue out.

"And I'm supposed to be the younger sister" I muttered.

As I took a bite of my food, my phone buzzed with a message.

My teacher, Mr Adedeji, has posted a note with a classwork, that he had indicated was due at one o'clock.

I checked the questions.

There were only five short questions there so I figured that I had some time.

I picked up my phone and logged into Wattpad.

Author's note
Let the action... Begin!
Stay safe!
You know the drill😉
-Truewriter2020