Chapter Twenty

I was looking through other reader's reading lists hoping that I would find a book that I could learn from.

I felt like I hadn't really lived enough of life or seen enough things to write stories sometimes.

I felt naive.

Even though Wattpad was beginning to frustrate me these days, I still read books on it anyway.

You confirmed it.

I'm an addict.

But my brother has been mad at me for a while and to be honest, this is the only thing that's still going well for me.

As weird as that sounds.

I was looking through Music-lover's reading list when a book caught my attention.

The book was titled "The Bad boys of Ruby high" and was written by SamuelOgie.

Wait a minute!

There are male writers on Wattpad?

The boys I know would never be found in an app like this. They were too playful and had other hobbies which they preferred.

It's nice that there are guys on Wattpad. I really want to check out his profile.

His profile was dope!

His profile picture was one of himself. He was darker in complexion than I was and had a buzz cut.

He looked so fresh.

He was also a pretty popular person in Wattpad. His bio was really long but we'll written. If I didn't know any better I would say that he was a famous author.

Maybe I should move on from Faruq and start an online relationship like Dena did that one time.

I shook my head rapidly to get that thought out of my head.

For all I know I could be a serial killer.

A cute and smart fifteen year old serial killer...

Ugh! Stop it Niyi!

I wonder what his book looks like. It's probably just as good as his bio.

Or even better.

I tapped on the book I wanted on his profile and began to read it.

The first chapter of the book was a real draw in. A fight between the protagonist and an unknown make figure.

Interesting.

As I read on, I became a little jealous.

Users seemed to be attracted to the comment section like ants to sugar.

There were time of commemts which meant that there were tons of readers.

A lot of them were leaving emotional comments about the storyline and it's characters. While some others were literally begging the author to update soon.

I had left some comments of my own being very careful not to make any mistakes so that I don't embarrass myself.

He didn't reply to comments though so I could only pray that he noticed mine.

I added the book to my library and logged out of Wattpad When I heard a knock on the door.

My mum must be home. I scratched my hair, praying that I had remembered to clean the stove like she had asked me to.

I had just finished loosing my hair and planned to leave it unmade till my birthday which was coming up soon.

I ran down the stairs to greet her name and take her bag.

Tayo scowled at me as I walked towards her.

"Good evening mum" I said taking her red handbag from her.

She didn't respond.

Her eyes were red and swollen like she had been crying for a while and there were eye bags under her eyes.

"Mummy what happened?" Tayo asked when she had settled down in one of the arm chairs . Still no answer.

I was beginning to become scared.

I gulped looking at Tayo. But he was too busy staring at mum to even notice.

I looked down at my feet hoping that they would distract me.

The silence was so scary and uncomfortable. Like what she was about to tell us was going to change our lives.

I really hope that the change would be for the better.

Even though I knew from the lost  look in her eyes that that was impossible.

After a while, she finally spoke;

"Your aunt Aviva has contracted the corona virus"