Chapter 9: True Colours

The Devourer stood before us on stolen legs, heads roaring in unison."None come for limbs, flesh will never come, mass will join, then all join." The thing laughed many laughs, all different pitch, volume, and tone, sending a distorted wave of sound crashing upon us. "Devour, flesh come when. Consume, shatter sky, devour...." The voices ended when large bark lances ran through multiple of its heads.

"You think your words make us cower. No, they only angered us with the number of times you repeated yourselves. Just another reason to destroy you." Each pale head twisted into a wide sadistic smile, it flapped back with all its different wings barely able to support its immense frame.

"EAT, DEVOUR, GORGE, CONSUME, ABSORB, CONVERT, KILL, DEATH, SLAUGHTER, MASSACRE, ANNIHILATE, TEAR, RIP, FLESH!" One word for each head and all at the same time, each meaning the same. Our deaths. The repetition drove me insane with rage, and I blasted solar energy to try and stop the distorted layers of voices. As it ran, it hurled might from its hands, the ground became bark, and shields rose to block the blasts. No breath attacks the Monster using its mouths for that heresy of language. More bark lances were hurled by the others, each skewering the heads, destroying them and silencing them.

"Blind it," one of them said, "all the eyes it has are out," right after they spoke those words, the others sent a barrage of large bark spikes to ram through every head.

"Now to test my theory," Baragon said; trees rose from the ground running through its body with more bark lances fired towards it, I fired more solar rays at the body to assist.

"EEEEEEEEEEEEENNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGGGGGGGGGGH, FLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSH, NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRR, FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGHT, LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKKKKKKKKKKKE, THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFFOOOOOOOOOOREEEEEEEEEE!"

The branches sunk into the trees and twisted around us, blocking out the great fire. I saw the Amalgamation sink into the ground; we were trapped in moments. I felt my energy weaken, and I could see those around me felt the same way. Baragon and all the others were on edge at once, watching for an attack.

I heard the screams of one of us. Turning, I saw it being pulled into the ground by tentacles. At first, fear was on its face, but that fear became determination, its skin cracked and shone with brown energy, its chest glowing far brighter. It closed its eyes, and its body and the surrounding area was destroyed in an explosion of brown energy, leaving a deep crater, the force brushing past me.

"Convert the ground!" Baragon roared and all thrust their claws and arms into the ground turning roots into flat bark ground. Some even throw their brown blood, which converted the area to bark far faster. I saw one who walked on four legs, with two arms get too close to the walls, the skin of the brown parted, revealing a fleshy patch. I saw tentacles burst out and entering the Dragon through its mouth, with the rest holding the jaw open and keeping the body still. Within seconds they tore out a brown core, strands connecting it to the body snapping when the last broke, the body slumped, and the tentacles pulled the gem into the wall. The brown rough bark skin grew light, becoming pale smooth flesh skin. Once the entire body became pale, the body rose and screamed, charging and overwhelming the Dragon closest to it.

The Mancer was ripped in two, revealing its core which was eaten in one bite by its stretched out jaw. The Core-torn then grew the mancer's limbs, growing two legs and arms, along with the mancer's head and tail randomly over its body.