30: Forgetting

Forgetting
Juvani's POV.

Ilang araw ko nang tinatago ang mga pasa, buti na lang at hindi gaanong napapansin ni Mom.

After that accident, I intentionally did not give any gratitude to Marc. I can't fool myself being thankful to whom who steal my Everything. He's no good for her. He is a drunkard, a smoker, and a frat member.

I think, I'm better than him, I can feel it by now, that I know what kind of boy he is.

"Hallyx, let's have a lunch."

"No, kasama ko na si Kobi."

Something happened, something is wrong.

After the day, that the accident happened, Hallyx was still replying to my text, she's still greeting me, she's still smiling at me, and she's still throwing puns at me but now, this coming days, she's completely ignoring me, I greeted her earlier but she just nodded, she's not sitting with her proper seat... beside me.

Ginamit ko na nga ang posisyon sa room para sabihin na 'go back to your proper seat' but then, she's not obeying. I repeat it, 'Too much noise, I said go back to your proper seat.' Then Mrs. Lucas heard that. I told her what was the problem. Mali atang nagawa ko 'yon dahil may dalawang wala sa upuan at ang isa r'on ay si Hallyx. Mrs. Lucas talked to them.

"Hallyx, do you have problem? With me? With whom? Talk to me—"

"One hundred pesos, final project. Last day of the week ang deadline," she said to me and to the one who seat nearer. Nagbayad ang isa at nilista naman niya 'yon.

Tumingin siya sa akin at hinihintay ang bayad ko.

"Hallyx."

"Juv, magbabayad ka o hindi?" tanong niya.

Juv? That was the first time that I hate my name.

Hope that she called me Nothing 'cause that what I much prefer, that means we are okay, like back then? I mean, what's happening this time? This day? This week?

Parang labag sa loob kong magbigay ng pera. She's not talking to me! I will go crazy with this.

I bombarded her with text when I got home, hoping that I can received any replies but then I got none. I'm on the verge of texting Marc number. I just want to ask if Hallyx is replying to him, if indeed, why not to me also?

I can't focus on my studies. Nagulat na lang ako nang pumasok ako nang walang assignment. Sobrang na-proud si Henzo sa sarili niya dahil pinapagaya niya ako ng assignment which is mga definition lang ng topic namin in one minor subject.

***

"Why are you cooking, son?" asked dad. Actually, madaling araw pa lang and I decided to cook breakfast also lunch for us.

"Will give to Hallyx, seems like I did something I don't know, she's mad and I have no idea why. I'll apologize."

"Through stomach talaga anak," said dad.

"Yeah."

"Your mom been so cautious about girls but son, please know your limitation. I mean you know your limitation on how. But please, also try to know on when. Son, don't be eaten up."

Nailing na lang ako, this is the first time that dad preached on me about having a girl. Siya ang alam kong unang sumuporta sa akin on pursuing Hallyx. "I will side on your mom, anak. If something is wrong please tell me."

"Yeah, that something, is that Hallyx ignoring for mysterious reason. Any help?"

"She's focusing on her studies, you should too."