Chapter 29- Oh Baby

"I'm sorry no, you must be mistaken," I said in disbelief, taken aback at the outrageous claim she just made.

"I'm over a thousand years old my dear, I can spot one carrying a child quite easily," Maz answered.

My mind started spinning, the world slowing down around me. I was in pure shock. It was like everything came crashing down around me in complete slow motion. Kylo was no better, his face a ghostly white and his eyes wide.

"You'll have to excuse us," Kylo said choking on his words, taking me under his arm and practically shoving me through the door into the cottage.

I immediately started pacing, thoughts jumping from one another at rapid speed.

How could we take care of this? I'm not ready to be a mother, I can't do this!

I ran my hands anxiously through my hair and down my face, wondering genuinely how the fuck we would do this. Or maybe how I would do this.

Kylo never wanted to be a father, he never planned on this. He'd made strides since he left the First Order and was finally in a good place, but this jeopardized it all.

Who's to say he'd stay? This could be the tipping point.

I stopped my pacing and joined Kylo over where he was sitting. His face was cast downward, mind roaring with the most pessimistic thoughts I'd seen from him since he turned. We both sat in silence, too scared to confront the elephant in the room. How was I supposed to even bring this up, let alone ask what we were going to do? This wasn't planned, this wasn't how things were supposed to be. Everything was falling into place, and now I'm carrying a baby?

I still couldn't even say the word. It didn't feel right, it didn't seem like a word that could ever be used to describe me. But it was the truth. I was carrying our child inside me.

Unable to continue sitting still in the silent room, I got up without a word.

"Where are you going?" Kylo asked.

"I'm just going to go on a walk, clear my head."

"No, you're not going anywhere without me," he said sternly, popping up out of his seat.

"I'm sorry?" I scoffed. "That's absolutely ridiculous, do you even hear yourself?"

"I don't want anything to happen to you because I'm not there. Or to you know..."

"Our baby? Is that the word you're trying to avoid? Because it doesn't change the child growing inside me right now, no matter how hard you want to avoid it!"

Despite his height and large stature, he'd never looked smaller under my words. It was eating him alive.

"We have to talk about this, I'm not going to pretend like it's not happening," I said calmer, trying to regain my composure.

"I don't," he said taking a breath. "I don't know anything about this stuff or what to do. I can't fucking believe this is even happening."

"I know that and neither do I. But no one is making you stay so if you want to go, you're free to leave now," I said motioning to the door.

The hurt those words carried was instantly etched across his face. He opened his mouth to talk but nothing came out. Pursing his lips, he took a minute before he found the right words.

"You seriously think I'm going to leave you and our..."

"Baby. It's our baby. I'm pregnant Ben, I'm carrying our child!" I cried.