Prologue

13 years ago

               A little girl sat on a bed looking at the closet with wide pine green eyes. She let out a small scream and ran off her bed. Opening the door she ran out into the hall. Her golden blonde hair flew behind her. She ran downstairs into the kitchen. She looked around, usually the servant Millie was around. A candle was lit telling her Someone was here. Behind her a voice quietly said. "Evlyn what are you doing up?"

         Evlyn turned around quickly looking up at Uncle Fenrys. She looked down embarrassed. "There is a monster in my closet."

          She heard Uncle Fenrys sighed. She didn't look up until a pair of boots lined up with her sight. "Let's look for that monster that's scaring you." Fenrys lifted her up. Evlyn played with Fenrys hair as they went upstairs. "You know Ev if you keep doing that we're going to fall down the stairs cause I fell asleep."

             Evlyn dropped the chunk of Fenrys hair she was playing with. "Sorry, I just wanted to play with your hair."

             Fenrys smiled at her. "It's ok Ev I just don't want you dad to kill me for dropping you down the stairs."

               Evlyn looked at the room where her parents slept. "He won't kill you, it was my fault for playing with your hair Uncle Fenrys." 

              Fenrys bopped her nose as they paused at her door. "Ok let's see that monster." As uncle Fenrys opened the door he let her down. Evlyn ran into the bed, her five year old body struggling to get her up. Uncle Fenrys went to the closet and opened it. "Now where is that monster?" Evlyn sat there as Uncle Fenrys looked for the monster. "Well I couldn't find anything."

              Fenrys started to walk towards the door when Evlyn whined. "Can you stay with me Uncle Fenrys?"

               Fenrys looked at the innocent child. "Fine." Fenrys shifted into a wolf and jumped on the bed laying against the pillows. Evlyn laid her head against Uncle Fenrys side and quickly fell asleep.
—————————————————————
                               Aelin

              Aelin opened the door to her daughter's room. She smiled at the sight of Evlyn and Fenrys cuddled up. Aelin closed the door silently and went to the dining room. The whole court was there. Elide looked up from her plate. "Where's little Evlyn?"

           Rowan looked at her worried. Aelin gave a small smile. "I think she had another episode of the monster in the closet." Rowan looked tensed as she said it. "Her and Fenrys are cuddled up." Lysandra, Elide and Aelin smiled.

              Rowan put an arm around her. "Do you think she'll be ok?" Aelin shrugged as the other children got done with their food and ran around.

                Aelin Shrugged. "She'll get over it some time."

                 Rowan helped her get food no matter how many times she protested that she could get it. "Should we get her a dagger?"

                 Aelin looked up at him and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "Let's wait until she's eight."

                Rowan nodded as a sleepy Five year old and a wolf came in. Evlyn ran towards them. "Mommy! Daddy!"

                 Rowan grabbed Evlyn and swinged Ev in a circle in the air. "What do you wanna do first?"   

                  As Rowan set Evlyn down she tapped a finger against her chin then said excitedly. "Food!" Rowan walked with Evlyn to the table. She smiled to herself as Ev pulled on Fenrys braid that's my girl.
——————————————————————
              Thank you for reading. Hope you all stay safe!