Chapter 25

(Yes I did edit the video above to make you all a trailer. please enjoy it!)
Vaughan

              Vaughan ran through the city carrying Evlyn. People screamed and ran through the streets. It was utter chaos. He checked her pulse, she was still alive but lost a lot of blood. Some of the soldiers cleared the way for him. He carried her to the healers ward "We need a healer."

            A healer with chestnut came out of the ward "What is- oh dear god" the healer beckoned him to follow. They entered a large room, the healer pointed towards a extra cot on the end "Put her there." Vacation set Evlyn down on the cot. The healer came over with heated water and a towel. She took off Evlyn's shirt so she could look at it better.

       The healer started cleaning her wound, suddenly Vaughan was glad she wasn't awake for this. Looking around he saw some bodies in bags. Leaning against the wall he asked "Is she going to be ok?"

          The healer nodded and light flashed from her hand "She lost a lot of blood but she should be alright."  Bells rang out, they won. The healer sighed "Finally this thing is over."

           Aelin and Rowan walked in. Aelin ran over to her daughter's cot. She put a hand against her cheek. Rowan slammed Vaughan into the wall "I swear if she dies I'll kill you."

           Aelin turned around her teeth bared "Rowan back off!" Rowan let go of him. looking around Vaughan relized the soilders and healers were now looking.

            Caching his breath Vaughan caught Rowan glaring at him from the corner of his eyes. Vaughan shook his head and leaned against the wall. He was about to give up hope, but a horse voice said "Dad don't kill my mate please."

         Looking towards the cot Vaughan saw Evlyn sitting up in the bed with the help of her mother. Vaughan walked over and hugged Evlyn tightly. Evlyn hit his arm "Vaughan I can't breathe."

        He pulled away "Sorry."

      Evlyn smiled, Rowan Came over and hugged her whispering in her ear "It's fine dad just don't attack him again please."

         Rowan nodded as Aelin hugged, Ev "Get dressed and into the throne room in five minutes."

         Vaughan tensed as Rowan helped Evlyn in unsteady feet, she fell forward but Vaughan caught her and picked her up. He followed Rowan and Aelin to the throne room. They all had blood covering them but they didn't seem to care. Evlyn patted his arm as he let her down "You ok?"

          Evlyn looked at him and nodded as her parents started walking. Vaughan offered her his arm. Evlyn looked up and smiled before looping her arm through his. He looked around, for once in his life he saw a home.
————————————————————————
Thanks for reading!! I'm going to do an epilogue. Thanks for being on the journey with me of my first book. I hope you all enjoyed the story! Please comment your favorite character and quote!