Chapter 23

Evlyn got up with a little help from Vaughan. He was not happy that she decided she's helping but she honestly didn't give a shit. He crossed his arms as she went over to her suit of armor "You're too weak to fight."

           Rolling her eyes Evlyn started to put the armor on "I'll be fine.". Ev healed herself, it gave her a boost of energy "See I'm fine."

         Her father gave Vaughan a set of spare armor. She was struggling with hers so Vaughan came over and helped her with the armor. Evlyn turned towards him after they were done. Evlyn rose on her toes and kissed him. He wrapped his arms around her. They broke apart and Vaughan sighed "When we get through this thing me and you are having a night alone."

           She smiled "I would like that. Now let's get out there before my mother comes up and drags us down there." They walked hand and hand down the crowded street. People were panicking running deeper into the town. She nodded to her parents as they all walked onto the field. Lord Danwen sat on a bay stallion. The creatures howled for blood. It chilled Evlyn to the bone.

          Her mother stepped forward, her gold  armor shining in the sun "What do you want?"

            Danwen shrugged "Maybe your daughter." The crade snarled at Danwen. Danwen seemed surprised at this.

             Her father leaned towards her "Don't forget what we taught you"

             Evlyn gave her father a smile "Of course I only learned from the best." Her sword whined as she drew it from its sheath. She twirled it around, her father only smiled and looked forward. Evlyn stepped forwards next to her mother, she gave Danwen a smirk that drove most people crazy "How about a no."

             Danwens face was red with anger "You will regret that." An arrow flew towards her, Evlyn hit it out of the air with her sword.

              Grinning Evlyn said "Try that again." Everyone behind her were tense, even the soldiers.

               Danwen snarled and glared daggers ya her. He slowly raised his hand "Get them." His hand flicked forwards and so the army charged.
————————————————————————
Thanks for reading! Can't believe we're almost done! Warning: please don't kill me for the next two chapters.