Chapter 22

She was surrounded by darkness, cold and alone. There was light farther down the tunnel. Evlyn started walking towards it but something stopped her. A voice reached her saying something, no the voice was begging. Evlyn looked towards the blackness then back to the light. Evlyn ran towards the darkness, it swallowed her up. Light flooded her sight as she opened her eyes. Evlyn blinked then looked to the side, a black haired male sat there head bowed. He had her hand in his, Vaughan her mate. Evlyn squeezes his hand. Vaughan's head snapped up looking at her. His eyes were red like he had been crying, he stared at her in disbelief. They stayed silent for a couple seconds. Vaughan leaned over her and kissed her. Evlyn has barely had any time to react as he stuffed his face into her shoulder. She ran her hand down his hair, he spoke softly "I thought I lost you again."

         She patted his back, she decided to lighten the mood "I'm not that easy to get rid of."

         Vaughan snorted and sat back into the chair he was sitting in "Apparently.". Seeing his smile loosened something in her chest.

          Evlyn put a hand against his cheek, he turned his head to the side and kissed her palm. She was about to say something but two people came into the room. Her mother sat next on the bed and hugged her. Her mother sat back up smiling "How are you feeling?"

            Evlyn gave a little snort "Like shit." She was actually feeling like a shit. It felt like a horse fell on her.

              Her father came over and kissed her forehead. Evlyn gripped her mother's hand. With the help of her father, Evlyn sat up. Vaughan was still holding her hand tightly. Her mother put her hand to her chest "What happened before you collapsed?"

                Evlyn looked back to the memory just before everything went black "I can remember a sharp pain in my left side. Something like a magical surge ran through my body."

              Everyone was silent for a second before her father said "So they are tracking you?"

             Nodding Evlyn looked at Vaughan who was looking pale. Evlyn was about to say something but a guard rushed in "My Queen and Prince"

              Her mother stood up elegant as ever "Yes?" 

              The guard was shaking "There is an enemy army outside the walls of Orynth". Evlyn paled, they were here.
————————————————————————
Thanks for reading. We have four more chapters to go! I'm adding a bonus chapter at the end! Hope you all are staying safe.