Chapter 12

Evlyn

              Evlyn ignored Vaughan as she slipped out of the room. Evlyn stayed in the shadows no one noticed her. Opening a door slightly Ev slipped inside. It was a staircase. Evlyn rolled her eyes, of course it was a staircase. She was about to slip back out when she heard a woman scream. Ev tensed then looked down the staircase there was light at the bottom. Evlyn sniffed, all she smelled was blood and unwashed body's. Ev bit her lip looking towards the door but her curiosity got the better of her. She headed down the stairs. She got to the bottom of the stairs and looked around, everything had blood splattered on it. Ev was horrified when she saw body's. All the women here necks were snapped. She looked around and saw others unconscious tied to tables. Some were pregnant. Black skinned human-like things were walking around, some just baby's others older, all male. They didn't even notice her as she stayed in the shadows. They were making things down here.
She saw a map across the room. There were dots showing the most powerful kingdoms and on the top of the list was....

       Terrasen was right up on that top list. She had to get home no matter what. Evlyn went upstairs as quietly as she could. She would help the women later but right now. Evlyn started walking back to her room. She rounded two corners before she ran into the lord. Evlyn bowed "Lord Danwen."

        Danwen looked down at her. "Lady.... Actually I forgot your name"

          Evlyn decided to go with her fake name. "Elia Lanston my lord"

           The look that Danwen gave her sent chills down her spine. "Where are you from."

       Evlyn clasped her hands together. "I'm from Aldran sir."   

          Danwen looked at her like he knew something. He put a hand too low on her back for her liking. "Why are you here then."

      Evlyn decided she had enough. "Lord it's very kind of you to take time to speak to me but don't let me bother you further." Evlyn started walking away. 

       Evlyn opened the door. Vaughan stalked towards her. "Where the hell were you?"

         Evlyn looked outside and made sure no one was in hearing range. Evlyn put up a shield just in case. She turned towards him "we need to leave.".

           Vaughan just stared at her. "Why now?"

          She snarled slightly. "They are putting things into women and creating things to take over the world with."

          Vaughan bared his teeth a little. "Of course they are doing that."

         Evlyn looked at her necklace. "On top of their list is Terrasen".

          Vaughan looked at her with a cold face. "You want to go home to defend your home."

         Evlyn snarled. "Of course I do. Do you think I'm going to sit here as they destroy my country?"

        Vaughan grabbed her wrist. "We will kill them tomorrow then head to Terrasen you have my promise."
————————————————————————
     Ty for reading ❤️. I hope you all stay safe. Sorry I haven't posted in a while it's been really busy. Hope you all are having a good day.