Chapter 5

Evlyn was a bloody mess after the fight. She turned towards the male who was already facing her. "Thanks I guess."

The male nodded. "You shouldn't be out here this time of night."

Evlyn gathered up her daggers. "You shouldn't be either."

The male sighed. "Come with me." Evlyn grabbed Mercy's reins and followed the stranger. He led Evlyn to his camp site. She got Mercy untacked. She sat down on the other side of the fire when the male asked. "Where are you from?"

Evlyn tensed at the question. She was thinking about lying but he did help her kill the rest of the men. "I'm from Terresan."

The male looked at her then took off his hood. He had black hair and dark eyes. "Have you heard anything about the Crade after the war?"

Evlyn blinked. "Do you know them?" The male nodded. "How?"

He sighed and looked into the fire. "I use to be a member of the crade before they went with Queen Aelin."

Evlyn remembered the crade telling her that there was a sixth member. There were two names she could remember out of the story's, Graviel and Vaughan, But Graviel was dead so this was. "Vaughan?"

He looked up towards her then glared at her "Out of everyone how did you guess the right name the first time?"

Evlyn blinked. "I know the crade personally."

Vaughan's hand reached for one of his blades. "How do you know them personally?"

Evlyn made sure no one else was listening. "I'm Rowan Whitethorn's daughter."
————————————————————————

Sorry for the short chapter. Hope you all enjoyed the book so far.