Chapter 2

Evlyn pulled back on Mercy's reins. Mercy tossed her head. Evly reached down and patted Mercy's neck. "It's ok" Ev turned Mercy around and started heading back to Orynth when she smelled a familiar smell. "Adeion you need to learn that I can take care of myself." Evlyn glared at Adeion who came up next to her on foot.

Adeion glared at her right back. "Your Mom is worried and Rowan looks like he's about to tear Orynth apart to find you."

Ev sighed. Ever since she got taken for ransom three years ago they have been over protective. Evlyn squeezed and Mercy started walking forwards "I've been gone for an hour."

Adeion walked along with Mercy. "You have actually been gone for three hours."

Evlyn rolled her eyes. "Still a short time." They got to the walls of Orynth when she turned to Adeion. "How's Lysandra?"

Adeion grinned. "She's pregnant, we haven't told anyone yet."

Evly looked up to the sky dramatically. "Thank the god I know something before the court!" Adeion sorted as they entered the castle grounds. Evlyn hopped off Mercy who started walking towards the stables. "We'll at least there is going to be something new around here."

Aedion nodded agreeing. Fenrys leaned against the castle doors. Fenrys smiled. "Good luck you'll need it."

Evly grumbled. "Of course I need it." She entered the castle when her Mother came out from the great hall and hugged her. Evlyn struggled to breath. She patted her mother's back. "Mom- can't breath."

Her mom let her go. "Sorry Ev we were worried."

Her father came out looking around worriedly. He hugged her after he got to them. "Glad you're alright." Her father sighed then slipped an emotionless mask on. Evlyn got ready for the lecture she usually got. the words that came from her father's mouth were ones that she was expecting. "You're not allowed to go outside Orynth until we say it's ok to go out again."

She gaped at her father "Are you joking?! You can't do that!"

Her mother looked away as her father snapped "Yes we can and we will."

Her magic rose but also did her fathers ready to jump out if she did decided to blow. It was usually really bad if she let tons of magic out at once "Fine I'll stay in this goddamn place!"

Evlyn started walking away but her mother called her back. "You have heir duties!" Ev took deep breaths to steady her nerves. Plastering a fake smile to her face Evlyn turned around "Of course."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

              Evlyn stood next to the throne bored as hell. A boy about her age in the corner keep looking at her. People came and gone talking about problems that they should be able to fix themselves. Evlyn sighed "Do I have to be here all day?"

           The guards that heard stood straighter. Her mother didn't even glance at her "We have one more left and put your hands at your side."
Her father grabbed her mother's hand. Evlyn rolled her eyes.

           A farmer walked up and kneeled "My Queen and King." He stood and bowed towards her "My princess." It took effort for Evlyn not to roll her eyes as she smiled sweetly. The farmer bowed his head "My animals are dying I have tried changing their food, their crates and pastures."

           Her mother looked at her great her mother expects her to answer this one. Evlyn stood straighter "Have you tried changing their water."

           The farmer shook his head "No I haven't thank you."

            Evlyn turned towards her mother today "Can I go now?"

             Her father nodded "Just remember your not allowed to leave Orynth."

             Evlyn snarled as she walked out of the room "Of course I remember." Outside the throne room a new guard looked like he was ready to piss himself. Evlyn snarled at him for the fun of it. The smell that came of the man made Evlyn cringe her nose.
                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Three hours later

               Evlyn was so sick of being stuck in one goddamn spot for her whole life. There was a whole world and her parents don't let her explore it like they did. Evlyn looked down at her bird pendant. She raised it up so she could read the words on the back of the necklace.  I'll love you to the stars and beyond like hell.Ripping it off her neck Evlyn threw it at the wall, she was so sick of her parents right now. Evlyn picked up a bag and packed it. She wasn't going to have her parents force her to stay here forever.

                  Ev shifted and picked up the bag and flew out the window. Dropping the bag in the stable Evlyn used her magic to light candles. She grabbed her mare and tacked he up, grabbing the bag and mounted Mercy together they started for the city's ports.
————————————————————————
Thank you for reading hope you all like. Stay safe!