Chapter 7

The sound of hooves sounded on the trail. Vaughan rode next to her on a bay stallion. Evlyn didn't say a word the whole time they were on the trail. Evlyn trotted Mercy past Vaughan and his horse. The male just glared at her. Evlyn sighed and looked back. "Don't you want to gallop?" Vaughan just glared at her. Evlyn just rolled her eyes. "Grumpy." Vaughan just trotted up with his stallion.

Evlyn barely heard Vaughan mutter. "Kids". Ev hurled a dagger into a tree next to his head. Vaughan moved to the side as it sailed past him. "Goddamn it".

Vaughan looked back glaring and Evlyn just smiled sweetly. "Can kids do that?"

He just huffed. "Point taken".

Evlyn smirked the rest of the trip.
—————————————————————

Evlyn looked at the inn they stopped at. "This is where we're staying?"

Vaughan grabbed his pack off the saddle. "Not proper enough for your highness?"

Evlyn looked away from the inn. "I'm fine with it, I just thought you had standards." He glared at her then huffed walking away.

They both sat down at a table. A maid came over and took both of their orders. Vaughan spoke up. "Two rooms too please?"

Vaughan whispered into the maid's ear which made the girl's face beat red. Evlyn raised an eyebrow at him. Vaughan just shook his head. Evlyn only guessed what was going to happen. Sure enough four hours later moaning sounds came through the walls Evlyn was going to kill Vaughan and that goddamn maid for keeping her awake most of the night.
————————————————————————

Thank you for reading and stay safe.