Chapter 4

Evlyn landed in Wendlyn in the middle of the night. She paid the sailors a little more to keep quiet. Evlyn walked through the town with Mercy. They got to the outskirts of town. Evlyn looked west. Evlyn steered Mercy towards the west and rode on.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A week later

Evlyn was lost. She and Mercy walked down the road. Evlyn heard water in the distance she steered Mercy towards the water. She hoped off and led Mercy down to the small pond. As Mercy drank from the river Evlyn filled her canteen. Ev grabbed her cleaning supplies and left it on the bank. After Mercy was done drinking she tied up Mercy to a tree.

Evlyn took off her clothes and slipped into the cold pond. Evlyn called upon her fire and heated the pool. Evlyn created a shrug of wind around her. She bathed for a good while.

Ev got up after a while and changed back into her clothes. It was almost dark. "Let's get going." They took breaks every other day. Ev untied Mercy and hopped on. Mercy tugged on the reins. "What's wrong baby girl?" Evlyn patted her neck. Mercy did a little rear when Evlyn asked her to go forward. Ev got off and walked Mercy past the spot.

Footsteps came from behind several of them. Evlyn took out her daggers. As the footsteps got closer. Evlyn turned around. A man raised a sword to strike. He didn't know how to hold a sword correctly. Evlyn ducked under the swinging sword. She used her leg to hit the back of his knee. She brought up her dagger and slit his throat. Some of the men stopped and gave her time to count them all. Twenty-three against one.

Evlyn brought up her daggers and deflected a sword from another man. She threw a dagger into the throat of the person coming up behind her. Evlyn grabbed another dagger . Evlyn bounced back from the sword coming at her. Ev ducked and rolled she brought up her dagger and stabbed the man who almost chopped off her head in the stomach.

She got up as he fell grabbing another dagger. An arrow was shot at her. Evlyn ducked then got back up throwing a dagger at the archer. Two men came at her from each side Evlyn gracefully rolled when they got close enough to kill her. They couldn't stop their momentum so they ended up impaling each other.

Evlyn looked up and grinned seventeen to go. Evlyn threw daggers at two people then grabbed her sword. She brought up her sword to block the sword coming at her face. She pushed them off balance then knocked the sword out of his hand. Her sword met his chest and she pushed down hitting his heart. A man came up from behind Evlyn didn't see him until too late. The man fell as a hooded figure came out of the forest killing the man then all hell broke loose.
———————————————————————

Thank you for reading. Hope y'all stay safe.