Chapter 1

Present

A great weight flopped onto Evlyn. "Oof!" Drool plopped onto her face as she got trampled. "Fleetfoot get the hell off!" The hound jumped off the bed and sat on the floor whining. Evlyn sat up glaring at Fleetfoot. Evlyn raised her eyes to the door way where her mother leaned against a door way smirking. "I hate you."

Her mother just rolled her eyes. "You have training."

Evlyn layed back down suffing her face into her pillow. "Go away." She heard her mother huff then near quiet footsteps came into her room. Evlyn was picked up and thrown onto someone's shoulder. "Dad!" Ev kicked at her dad as he carried her. Suddenly he threw her into cold water. She sputtered as her mother put clothes on the sink. They both left her in her bathing chambers. Evlyn glared at the door after they left. She took off her nightgown and started to wash.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

           An hour later Evlyn was covered in sweat. Leaning against a wall she waited for Marion and Lyn. Lorcan had put them through hell. Lyn walked past Ev not even noticing her.
Rolling her eyes Evlyn sent some flame towards Lyn. Lyn screeched and turned around snarling then glowered as she spotted Evlyn in the corner "What the actually the hell is wrong with you?"

          Snorting Evlyn pushed off the wall "There is a lot of things wrong with me so you have to be specific."

          Lyn rolled her eyes and rubbed her butt "Why in the name of hell would you think it's a good idea to nip at a shifter with your magic?"

           Evlyn walked past Lyn "That's because your my cousin and I can hand your ass to you anytime of the day."

          She heard Lyn turn towards the direction she was going then walk towards her "Do you wanna go?"

          Ev smirked "Sure I don't seem why not."
They both burst out laughing. Evlyn looked up at a tower window only to see her mother looking at her. The smile immediately disappeared from her face.

        Lyn sounded concerned "Hey you okay Evlyn."

            Evlyn turned around walking away "I'll catch up to you later." Her relationship with her mother and father haven't been the best when she turned thirteen. Evlyn ran into Marion and stumbled slightly. Evlyn turned around "Sorry!" She flat out sprinted for the stables.
————————————————————————
Thanks for reading! Hope you all are staying safe!