Chapter 13

Evlyn paced around in her room. Ever since Vaughan left to scout she was pacing. Evlyn looked out the window as an Osprey flew by signaling her that it was time. Evlyn walked out of the room and nodded to everyone she passed. She stopped a maid in the hall "Have you seen Lord Danwen?".

          The maid bowed "He's in the great hall my lady.".

          As Evlyn walked towards the great hall she worried if everything went downhill. Evlyn took a deep breath to steady herself as she walked into the hall. She approached lord Danwen. "My lord" Evlyn bowed to lord Danwen.

             Lord Danwen turned towards her, "Lady Elia, the person I wanted to see." Lord Danwen stretched out a hand "Walk with me?" Evlyn put a hand into his hand with a little bit of hesitation.

          Her and lord Danwen walked down a large hallway. The voice in her mind was telling her to kill him but she couldn't kill him until she got him out of sight. "So what have you been doing in your spare time other than being in your room?"

        Evlyn quickly said "I have been reading". It was half true she has been reading at night but she was planning with Vaughan. Always trying not to get close to him.

      Ev saw lord Danwen tenses up out of the corner of her eye. "What kinda books?"

     Evlyn shrugged "Romance mostly."

      Lord Danwen relaxed a little bit "come with me." He led her to a library where Evlyn looked at all the books. Unfortunately she was going to get blood on the books. Evlyn heated the door shut and she quickly turned around putting a knife to his neck. Something rammed into her causing her to fly sideways. Evlyn felt something wet drip down her side. Looking down she realized it was blood. Getting to her feet Evlyn felt tired and sluggish. Evlyn looked at the thing that rammed her. It was one of those monsters from the dungeons except with horns. Green liquid dropped from its antlers. Looking down at where the antlers pierced her skin. Green liquid dropped out of her wound. It clicked in her mind that it was gloriella. Evlyn fell to the ground as numbness ran through her body. She wanted to save Terrasen but she couldn't fight with the gloriella running through her blood. Evlyn did the one thing she never wanted to do; she just surrendered to the gloriella's effect. She heard Footsteps off to her right. A hand touched her face "Too bad you're very pretty.". A snarl rose up in the back of her throat but it didn't come out "Pick her up.". Gangly arms picked her up. She wanted to fight but the gloriella parylized her. As they crossed the door everything went black.

———————————————————————-
Sorry for the really bad short chapter. Thanks for reading ❤️.