Chapter 16

Week later

              Evlyn was curled up against Vaughan. From the way he was acting she knew he felt guilty for pulling her into this. He opened up to her more over the week, he cleaned the wounds she came back with every time they took her. A hand ran down her hair "Hey, you awake?". Groaning Evlyn stuffed her face into his chest. Vaughan snorted "Ok I guess not."

           Evlyn closed her eyes and she was about to fall asleep when the door was thrown open.  Vaughan was standing in front of her in a blink of an eye. She was too weak look. A voice she recognized said "Hold him back". Something slamed against the wall. Evlyn turned her head enough to see five soldiers holding Vaughan back. Looking at his face, Evlyn relized that he was afraid. Danwen
steeped into her line of sight
"How we doing today?" He grabbed her chin she just looked at the wall.

       Danwen grabed her shoulder but he immediately pulled it back after Vaughan snarled at him "Don't. You. Touch. Her."

         A guard immediately hit Vaughan on the side of the head with a daggers handle. Vaughan started trying to attack them two days in. Danwen snapped his fingers and two other guards she didn't notice picked her up. The guards let the people carrying her and Danwen out first. The rest of the guards ran out of the room as fast as they could. Just as they locked it again Vaughan slamed his body into the bars. As they took her away she heard the creak of bars and pained groan.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vaughan

           Vaughan kept slamming his body against the bars no matter how much it hurt. He had to get to her. A sharp pain came from his shoulder and he pulled back. A guard held a bloody dagger inside of the bars then pulled it back "Knock it off." Vaughan snarled at him not even caring he had a wound. Over the week the more he opened up the more he realized that there was something more between them. Evlyn was in too much pain to notice. They took her twice a day and Vaughan was sick of just letting them come and take her away from him. He never realized how beautiful and strong she was until this week. When ever they threatened to torture him, she spoke up before he could say anything, She always took it for him. Vaughan was sorry that he ever called her princess. Shouts drew his attention to the stair well. Two cloaked figures came out of the door way. They smelled familiar, one male turned towards the way Evlyn was taken "How do you want to do this?" The voice sounded familiar.

      The other male just said "Fenrys just focus on the mission." Vaughan was relived that if was Fenrys and Lorcan. Hopefully they got her out.

       Fenrys sighed "Let's go get her." They started walking the way they took Evlyn.
————————————————————————
   Thanks for reading!