Chapter 4

This morning Sarah had a bowl of cereal and milk, simple as that. Forget the eggs and bacon she is used to or her daily coffee. It's ten in the morning and she is still in bed, refusing to have her cereal at the table.

"Ugh" she groaned aloud. With much effort, she managed to stand up and open the curtain to let some light in.

What was the dream about? "What was it about?" she screamed. Her voice echoed the empty place. She grabbed her yellow cover notebook and turned the pages to the most recent entry. The most recent dream was about people walking in the park. Just people, what park was it? She remembered vividly the park; she has never been there and had no clue where it was. The people walking seemed eerily happy, smiling at each other left and right, kids playing and running wild, some people on bikes, dogs, just the usual stuff you would see in a park. Maybe it meant nothing.

Then as she got hold of the pen, the most recent dream came to life in her mind. Got it. Then the excitement faded into disappointment as she wrote down the dream. Just some random dude swimming in the beach and his dog following into the water; some guy is sitting on the sand smiling at them.She put the pen aside wondering if it means anything at all. Just like the dream of the park. She pressed herself to remember more, maybe what beach it was. It definitely didn't feel like New York at all. The dog breed seemed a Labrador or some large breed. She wasn't too familiar with dog breeds. There were lots of people, clearly summer season. There was another couple of dreams that had faded already but the main themes were a train station and a pool where a girl was swimming.

Oh My God. What am I doing? She felt stupid to think her dreams were happening somewhere around the world. It could easily be memories from movies or things she had seen in her walking life. Still, a part of her knew the truth. She couldn't lie to herself; her dream had some true without a doubt.

The guy swimming was young, probably late twenties; he had a very honest smile, and moved like a fish in the water. Did she know him? Did he mean anything in her life? Unlikely.

She put the notebook away and sat on the bed just staring at the wall. Was she wasting her time? Maybe I should go back to work. She was the kind of employee who opted for getting her vacation hours paid every single year. This was the first time she just decided to use her vacation time for no apparent reason. Damon and many other coworkers assumed she just needed a rest since she had seemed troubled for something, and Sarah taught it was best to let him believe that. In reality what she had been doing for three days was trying to write down every single dream she had.

Her sleep cycle had been messed up by the constant waking up in the middle of the night and the most needed naps that she took through the day. The dreams hadn't been traumatic so it was impossible to remember all the details, mostly she just forgot.

Oh! the church. She remembered a dream she hadn't written down and grabbed the notebook back. She started scribbling as fast as she could before it faded away again. There was a service, people were seating like usual, listening to the priest. She slowed down her writing to a halt when she realized the dream didn't have much except for one thing, one important detail, the service was in Spanish. She laughed. She had never been to a Spanish service, or anything in Spanish. But she heard the words, and she had heard some of those words in Spanish classes in college. She laughed again at the absurdity of it all.

She was startled by the ringtone of her phone. It was a call from the office.

"Hello, this is Sarah," she said as if answering her office's phone..

"Umm, hi Sarah. I am so happy I got the right number," he chuckled.

"Hi Damon." She Didn't know what else to say; his call had been unexpected.He sighed and kept quiet for few seconds.