Chapter Twelve: The Newest Prospect

Selena's green eyes took in the Romero Brothers scrapyard as she pulled her car through the gate

Selena's green eyes took in the Romero Brothers scrapyard as she pulled her car through the gate. She was hesitant as she parked her car and turned off the engine — she was sure EZ hadn't misspelled the address when the brunette received a text from the Reyes man earlier in the day, but it looked like she had just drove into a scene from a horror movie.

A sigh left her lips as her green eyes scanned the text from EZ — double checking that she did indeed have the correct address before exiting the car. Selena ran a hand through her hair while looking around the dusty scrapyard, her eyes looking for EZ or at least an office of sorts.

It had been a few weeks since Selena had asked EZ to try and talk to Letty, and she hadn't heard from the Reyes man in weeks while she waited patiently to see if he could give her any information on the teenager. In fact, the brunette had seen EZ either — unless you counted the times she saw him riding around Santo Padre with his brother. It had been a while since he had stepped foot in the bookstore — which had put a bit of a damper on Selena's mood at first — she had grown use to the Reyes man stopping in, but she quickly told herself to get over it. They both had busy lives.

You could imagine Selena's surprise then when she received a text from EZ with an address to the scrapyard and asking her if she had the time to go there today. He had some news about Letty. Of course the brunette would make time to see him — she wanted to know if Letty was alright. She hadn't known the teenager for long, but she felt a need to protect the girl.

"Hola." A bald man with prosthetic fingers waved towards Selena with a welcoming smile on his face, "how can I help you?" He asked, the smile still in tact on his face as he stared at the green eyed brunette.

Selena stared at the man's fingers for a moment her brow furrowing before she quickly removed her gaze from his hands and onto the man's smiling face.

"Oh, um. I'm looking for EZ Reyes." Selena spoke while placing a smile on her face.

The bald man in front of her seemed a little bit odd but she could tell he was harmless. The brunette could sense that he was a genuinely sweet person and that put her a bit a ease.

"You must be Selena." The smile on his face grew larger, "I'm Chucky." The man she had know come to know as Chucky said while pointing to himself.

A small laugh left the brunette's lips. She didn't know this man yet, but she liked him.

"Nice to meet you, Chucky. I'm Selena, but you seem to already know that." Selena let out a laugh as her eyebrow raised ever so slightly.

"EZ talks about you." The sentence slipped easily from Chucky's mouth as though it was a well known fact that EZ Reyes talked about the brunette woman. "He's in the trailer over there." The bald man said while pointing towards a small trailer.