Chapter 1

The late afternoon sun shone through the window shades as Stefon opened his eyes for the first time that day. His eyes squinted against the bright light. He sat up and looked around, unfamiliar with the room at first. There was a blanket on the floor next to the bed, his clothes a few feet away from that. The alarm on the nightstand read 4:16. He grabbed the clock and tilted it upwards to look at it straight. An audible groan escaped his throat. He leaned over and grabbed the blanket that was on the floor and threw it onto the bed as he stood up and stretched every muscle in his body. Then he pulled on his jeans and exited the room.

A warm smell hit his nose when he stumbled groggily into the kitchen. "Well hello there," Seth smiled. "I'm so glad you could join me for the evening. I'm starting to prepare dinner." Stefon trekked over to where his partner was standing. Both of his arms snaked around the skinny body and his chin rested on a shoulder.

"What's the occasion?" he mustered through a yawn.

Seth paused and turned his head. Their faces were mere centimeters from each other. "Is... is that a serious question?" His eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Stefon's head tilted and he mimicked the face. "Your parents? Coming over for dinner? We're going to tell them? You know...about us?"

"Oh, oh my god. I completely forgot." Stefon separated himself and leaned over the counter. Propped up on his elbows, he ran one hand over his face, coming to rest on his stubbly chin. He scratched at it absentmindedly.

"I made coffee." Seth pointed at the coffee pot, bringing attention to the warm smell from before.

"I'm going to get a shower and get this hair off my face." Returning to the position he was in previously, he gave his boyfriend a little pout. "Hey Seeeeth." His voice raised as he stretched out the name. "Can you take care of my coffee while I'm in the shower?" Their eyes met, and Seth shook his head and chuckled at the sight of his pleading face.

"I'll tell you what, you go get a shower and when you come out, I'll have your coffee ready and maybe something a little extra for your anxiety." His eyes lit up. The promise of drugs? Where has this man been all my life?  He smiled and pecked his love's cheek before they separated once more.

"You're the best!" he called as he ran down the hallway.

"Don't forget it!" Seth's voice echoed back to him. Back in the bedroom, he picked his favorite Ed Hardy shirt up off the floor and sniffed it. This'll have to do, he thought. As he moved between the bedroom and the bathroom, he made a mental note to wash his clothes when he finally went home. He'd been between the apartment and different clubs for three days. He just wanted to spend time with his partner now that they've made it official.

Lately for him, nightlife was more a way to get high than anything else. But when Stefon had gotten back on night two at almost 4am with a used pill bottle brimming with molly, Seth had taken it from him and hid it away, afraid he might overdose. Without it, his mental health rapidly declined. In fact he used it so much that he almost seemed not normal without it. Sometimes he did intentionally take too much for when he really needed to feel the high that it gave him the first time. Seth didn't like him using, but accepted when he said that it was his life and he could stop when he wanted to.

Freezing water flowed over his body. There was no time to let it adjust. By the time he finished washing his hair it would be hot anyway. He pushed his wet fringe back over the top of his head and allowed his thoughts to take over. I don't even know how Aunt Linda and Uncle Bobby are going to react. Shouldn't the people I live with know first? I mean, my parents are my parents but my aunt and uncle...they raised me. Aunt Linda and Uncle Bobby knew who Seth was. They had met several times on Weekend Update. But surely they didn't know that he had a thing with their nephew? What will they think... They think it's just a phase. They've been saying it for years. What will they think when they realize it never was?