Chapter 17

"What was it like?..."

"Stefon..."

"Can't be anymore invasive than you sleeping with my ex. Especially since you two really don't like each other. Or at least claim not to."

Shy sighed.

~~~

Seth jolted at the sound of a harsh bang. He looked at his alarm clock to check the time. It was a little after four in the morning. For a moment, he thought sound from his dream had broken through and startled him. Just as he put his head back on the pillow, another sequence of loud banging broke, definitely coming from the living room. 'Are the police here?' he thought to himself. Immediately he thought of Stefon. 'Dear God, what am I getting myself into?' He jumped up and threw on a pair of plaid pajama pants that he had laying around before stumbling blindly to the living room. Another sequence of slamming against the door irritated him. 

"One second!" he called. His hand brushed up and down the wall until he found the light switch. He squinted as blinding light washed over the living room and gave his eyes a minute to adjust before finally staggering over to the door.

~~~

"How much do you want to know?"

"Every detail." The young man didn't seem angry. Hurt maybe, but not angry. His curiosity had peaked at this new development.

~~~

"Come in, I guess." Seth muttered. Shy had already pushed his way passed him as the door opened up. He began pacing the living room floor. Still trying to process his foe being there at all, especially so early in the morning, he crossed his arms and leaned against the door after closing it. "What are you doing here?"

"What the fuck do you think I'm doing here? Do you think I'd be here without Stefon on any normal occasion?" He spoke frantically. His anger didn't feel directed at Seth, more emotionally charged.

His words alarmed the older man and stood up straight. Suddenly he felt wide awake. "Did something happen?" Shy didn't seem to hear him. He was reeling, pacing, muttering to himself. He wrung his hands, ran them through his hair, shoved them in his pockets, started wringing them again. He was moving around really fast and seemed feverish. Seth's eyes narrowed. He rushed over to the young man and placed his hands on his shoulders. They made eye contact just long enough to see how dilated his pupils were, and the older man made the connection that he was on something. Maybe this was just a delusion of his. Maybe he was looking for solace.

Shy ripped away from his grip. "Don't fucking touch me!" His pacing had started to catch up with him physically. His chest heaved with effort. He sat down on the couch and curled his knees to his chest with no intention of taking his shoes off first.

Seth took a couple tentative steps before sitting down on the edge of the couch, as close as he thought he could get without being punched. His feet were planted firmly on the ground so he could move out of the way at any moment if he had to. "Shy," he spoke softly. "I think you went a little overboard. I can call Stefon to come get you if you want."

~~~

"I think he thought I was delusional when I showed up at his door."

"Well I think you're delusional now." Stefon joked, trying to lighten the mood a bit.

"Gee, thanks."

~~~

"You can't call Stefon!" Shy straightened himself out. Seth put both hands down beside him, ready to jump up.