Epilogue

"Don't run!" Stefon heard in the living room as a stampede of footsteps scattered throughout the house, accompanied by innocent giggles. Some went up the stairs, some to the living room judging by the sound of the television turning on. 

One stomping set of running feet found Stefon in the kitchen, greeting him with a drawn out, "Mommy!" and a hug to his leg.

"Not now, buddy. The oven is hot. Go play with your sisters." The child obediently ran out of the kitchen, nearly barreling into Seth as he pushed walked in.

"Stefon, you are never allowed to speak to our children again." Seth's keys hit the table as he rummaged through the mail he was holding. The envelopes dropped on the cupboard next to him and a strong pair of arms wrapped around his waist. A pair of lips brushed against his neck.

Stefon stiffened. "Not now," he spoke through gritted teeth. "We cannot leave the kids alone for two minutes."

"Wow," Seth retorted. "You really have confidence in me, huh? Two minutes sounds like a lot."

The younger man blushed, a huge grin spreading across his face. "It's good to believe in your husband, or so I've been told." He didn't take his eyes off the pot he was stirring, but his attention was on the body behind his own. "So, why am I not allowed to speak to our children anymore?"

"Because I asked Junior how he liked his first day of school, and you know what he said to me?" Stefon could feel a smile forming against his neck. "He said, 'Daddy, school was great. That place has everything.'"

Stefon snickered. "I love my mini me's."

"He shares my name, yet I swear it was a mistake." His chin straightened out as he glanced into the pot. "Stefon was just so much easier to turn into a female name, I know. But if any of them are more like me, it's Stefonie."

"Just giving us a chance to see a roll reversal before we die."

"Morbid." Seth pulled himself away from his husband, who immediately missed the warmth. He grabbed the pile of mail off the counter and started rummaging through again. "Money's going to be tight this month." He sighed.

"Oh, babe. Don't even sweat it. We can pay with my card this time around. I've got so much saved up I could probably start a really small bank. But like...really small. For the kids, you know?" Stefon lowered the heat on the stove and finally turned all of his attention to his graying husband. He ran a hand through the silver roots until it reached the back of his head, then pulled him in for a kiss. "What do you think about another?" he asked when he pulled away.

Seth's eyes widened. "No thanks. Four is plenty."

"But they're growing up so fast," Stefon whined. It was true. Their little Amy was already eleven. Middle school had just started for her, puberty not far off. Then they had Stefonie and Hillary, named after Seth's mom, both in eight and in fourth grade. Finally, little Seth had just turned six and first grade was going to be wild with as easily excitable as he was. The years had passed so seamlessly. It was like Stefon looked up one day and suddenly there were four children standing in front of him, and when he blinked he noticed their features changing, elongating. Maybe it was the drugs. But that wasn't the point.

"Yes, and they're expensive and eat all our food," Seth whined back mockingly. "When was the last time we had a night to ourselves? Hmm?" His hands rested on Stefon's hips. He pulled the younger man closer and gently grinded his own hips against his partner.

"Ooh, Seth Meyers. When did you become so scandalous?" Stefon leaned forward and nipped on his lip.

"When we decided we weren't done having children and ruined our sex life so we don't traumatize them," Seth mumbled, trying to get close enough for another kiss.