The test

(2 WEEKS LATER)
RILEY
I woke up, feeling a little off. 2 weeks ago when I woke up from the party the night before, I had a wicked hangover, passing it off as a headache just so my mom and Thomas wouldn't catch on. I hadn't eaten in an hour, getting dressed. By the time lunchtime had come around, I was feeling even worse.
———
"Hey Riley..." Thomas said, walking into the kitchen. I looked at him, halfway though taking a bite into my plain toast. He walked up to me and sat besides me. "Have you been feeling ok? You look like a ghost..." Thomas spoke, holding his hand on my back.

"I've just been feeling a little off. Nothing bad..." I said, getting up. School started in 45 minutes and I hadn't even gotten dressed. Once my toast was finished, I shut my bedroom door, grabbing some clothes. As I put on a bra, I rushed to my bathroom and vomited, before wiping my mouth. Maybe I wasn't just feeling off. I walked out, seeing Casey sitting on my bed.

"Hey Riley..." Casey said, smiling as she flipped through a magazine had been reading through 30 minutes before. "Hey Casey..." I said, not really in the mood. "Someone's in a bad mood." Casey said. I gave her a look before she shut up. "I've just been feeling a little unwell for a day or two now." I said, putting on a jumper. I didn't bother looking nice.

"That explains you vomiting 60 seconds ago." Casey said, looking into the bathroom, seeing the towel having some yellowish-green substance on it. "I've probably just got a stomach bug..." I said, grabbing my bag. After 15 minutes, Casey and I had arrived at school. We walked to our lockers, seeing Tash walking towards us.

"Hey Casey. Riley." She said enthusiastically before she looked me up and down. I don't know why, but Tash hates me. "So did you go to the party two weeks ago or were you too busy being a dork?" Tash asked, folding her arms. "I went to the party..." I said, rubbing my arm. "What a lie..." Tash said, laughing, before Casey showed Tash a photo of me taking my first ever shot. "So...you went to a party...good for you..." Tash spoke sarcastically. Before Tash could say anything else, I felt my stomach turn, making me want to vomit. I pushed past her and bolted to the toilets, successfully vomiting just after I locked the stall door. I spent 5 minutes vomiting, wiping my mouth after. After I cleaned myself up, I walked to class, but Jack stopped me.

"Hey Riley...are you ok?" Jack asked, holding my arm. "You look like a ghost..." Jack said, seeming genuinely concerned. "I-I'm fine Jack." I said smiling. Jack walked off, leaving me to get to class.
———
The day went somewhat slow. I vomited 3 times after the incident with Tash. I definitely have a stomach bug. After the bell for afterschool went, I grabbed Casey and pulled her towards my car.

"C-Can you do something for me?" I asked, holding my bag super tight. "Anything Riley..." Casey said. "Can you buy me a test?" I asked. She seemed a little confused until I looked down at my stomach. "Oh yeah! Wait...are you sure?" Casey asked, confused. "I'm just checking off all possibilities." I said, thinking that I couldn't possibly be pregnant, but I needed to make sure. "We can do it at my place. My parents won't care." Casey spoke, getting into my car. We drove to the store, picking up 2 tests before I drove back to Casey's place. We walked in, my stomach beginning to turn. We walked up to Casey's room, opening her door. She sat down as I walked into her bathroom. I did what I needed to before walking back into her bedroom, leaving the tests to calculate.

"Ok...how does this work?" Casey asked. "Well. Two tests, different brands. The first test uses lines. 1 line for not pregnant and 2 lines for pregnant. The second test uses words. It'll simply tell me if I am." I explained to Casey. She nodded her head as I walked to her bathroom, looking at the tests on the counter. "OH MY GOD!" I shouted. Casey ran in and saw the tests. 1st test= II, 2nd test= Pregnant. "Y-You're pregnant..." Casey said, pulling me in for a hug. I cried into her shoulder as I held my stomach.

"Should we schedule a doctors appointment just to be sure?" Casey asked. I nodded. I called the doctors office and made an appointment for 20 minutes.
———
20 minutes had passed and I sat in the doctors office, Casey sitting next to me. "Riley Harper?" A lady asked. I stood up, following her into her office.

"My name is Dr. Emily Smith. What can I do for you today?" The doctor asked, sitting opposite Casey and me. "I think I might be pregnant." I said, handing Dr. Smith the two pregnancy tests. She gave me a comforting look. "Can you remember when you had your last period?" The doctor asked. "No...but I was supposed to start 2 weeks ago." I said, a little concerned as she handed me a cup of water and a small container.

"Drink this water and pee into this container." She instructed. I walked over to the bathroom, locking the door behind me. Once I was done, the lady put the container on her desk. "The edge of this stick will turn pink if you are pregnant" She said, putting the end into the container. A few seconds later, she pulled out the stick. I stared in shock as I saw the edge of the stick coloured pink. "You are pregnant and from the information you gave me, you are about 2 weeks along, meaning your baby is the size a grain of sand. That's very small." The doctor spoke. I looked down at my flat stomach, holding it. I could just imagine my stomach in 8 months being huge. The doctor handed me some pieces of paper.

"Come back in 3 weeks for an appointment." Dr. Smith said, letting Casey and I leave the office. I went home with the positive tests in my bag and Casey still shocked. "Have you got any idea who the father could be?" Casey asked. "I've only slept with one person...OH MY GOD...Jack..." I said, my eyes widening. Casey was confused until she realised. "WAIT...YOUR BROTHER'S BEST FRIEND?!" Casey yelled. I nodded.

I can't believe that I'm pregnant with my brothers best friends baby.