Another surpise

RILEY
Having lived in the new house for 2 and 1/2 weeks now and I was shocked to learn that from now, Jack, Adrian and I would be expecting a new member of the family in 9 months. I held the stick in my hands, showing 2 lines. I cried in happiness. I remembered something. Today was Jack's 22nd birthday. I hid the test, making sure Jack couldn't stumble upon it. I made an appointment for today, just to check.
———
I called Casey after having my appointment, my pregnancy being confirmed by the doctor.

Casey: What's up Riley?

Me: I need you to buy a small shoe box, yellow tissue paper and a piece of baby clothing.

Casey: Why? What for?

Me: I'll explain when you get here.

After hanging up, Casey arrived 40 minutes later.

"Did you bring everything I need?" I asked. She showed me the bag, still really confused until she saw the test.

"OH MY GOD RILEY!" She shouted, luckily it was only me, Adrian and Casey at home.

"I had my appointment not too long ago to confirm!" I said, happily. For the next hour, we talked, while I got Jack's birthday decorations set up.

I grabbed the box, placing it on the coffee table across from me. I placed a note I had just written into the bottom, then covering it with the baby clothes and the test. I covered that with tissue paper before placing the lid on top. I walked to the bedroom, placing it carefully onto the middle of the bed, not letting Adrian get to it. I closed my bedroom door, hoping that it wouldn't be opened until I got inside and hid so that Jack could be surprised. Casey left shortly after, having to meet Thomas at the movies.
———
I heard a car pull up outside so I let Adrian go to her room to play. I ran to the bedroom, closing the door behind me as I hid in the closet. Waiting to hear some sort of noise cue, it finally came. Jack had now shut the front door.

JACK
Coming home from a good day at work, I see that the lights are on but no one is around. Adrian smiles as she comes out of her room, giving me a hug.

"Do you know where mommy is?" I asked, watching as she shook her head 'no'

Heading upstairs, I open the bedroom door to see a colourful box, put carefully on the middle of the bed, towards the end. I open the lid, seeing tissue paper. Then I see it. The black and white baby clothing next to a stick. Looking at it, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. A positive pregnancy test. I looked underneath to see a letter addressed to 'dad'. I opened it up, reading the letter.

Dear dad,

You don't know me, and I don't know you...but the only thing I know is that your an amazing father to my older sister. I hope...that in 9 months, you'll be able to show me the kind of love that you give my sister every day.

Love from

-Your son or daughter

A tear rolled down my eyes. All of a sudden, I felt hands wrap around my waist. I looked behind me to see Riley, crying as she smiled. I picked her up and spun her around, kissing her. I put her down, getting down to my hands and knees before lifting up her loose shirt and kissing her flat stomach.

"You're right. You don't know me, but I will absolutely show you the kind of love that I show your older sister. I can't wait to meet you in 9 months." I said to my unborn baby, kissing Riley's stomach once again. Adrian ran in, completely confused by what was happening, until she saw the test.

"Mommy is preg...preg...preg-nant." Adrian said, having to say the beginning of the word 2 times before getting it right.

"Where did you learn that word?" I asked, confused.

"Mommy and aunt Casey were saying the word a lot today." Adrian said, sounding confident.

"Wait...you found out today?" I asked Riley. She smiled, nodding.

I couldn't believe that we both found out that Riley was expecting on my birthday.

We spent the rest of the night eating cake, opening gifts and just enjoying the amazing news we had gotten.