All Hallows' Eve

RILEY
It was currently the day before Halloween. Jack and I had a costume sorted. Jack would be the "devil" dressing up in a red and white suit and I would be an "angel" in a long white dress with Adrian being a baby angel. This was our first Halloween as a family. I hadn't yet gone back to work, but Jack had, only working during the day when Adrian would most likely be asleep.

"Can I see my little angel?" Jack asked, walking into the bedroom. I hadn't yet changed, still in some comfortable clothes.

"Yeah..." I said, picking a now awake Adrian from her crib. Jack held her, making her giggle. I walked into the closet, grabbing the costumes before placing them down on the bed. Jack laid Adrian down on the bed, getting her ready for the costume. Once Adrian was dressed, I got dressed myself, walking out. Jack looked at me in awe.

"You look amazing baby..." He said, kissing me. I wore a long flowing dress, with glitter and wings attached to me. "It's time for you to dress yourself mister..." I said, kissing his cheek before smiling as he walked into the closet holding his costume. He came out a couple of minutes later, all dressed up.

We walked downstairs, my mom shortly stopping us at the last step.

"Let me take a photo!" She spoke, grabbing her phone. We took a family picture, first of me, Jack and Adrian, then of my mom, Adrian and I. I grabbed my phone, posting a picture to my Instagram.

Before posting the picture, I added a caption. My little angel...I smiled, posting it. I quickly put my phone away, grabbing Adrian and Jack as we soon left the house. I was asked to help out at the 'haunted house' 4 blocks away. Jack would take Adrian trick or treating for the first half of the night, me taking over afterwards. Jack knew that if people asked about our daughter, they would criticize him, but he didn't really care.
———
After 30 minutes, I had made it to the haunted house, already seeing a line of other teenagers between 14-19 years old. I made my way to the entrance, getting ready to admit people. I watched as Jack walked away, holding Adrian in his arms.

JACK
I walked away from the haunted house, holding Adrian in my arms. Adrian and I started at the lower part of our town, making our way up to the top. I got a few curious looks, holding Adrian in my arms, but I ignored it. As I walked, an older woman stopped, looking at me and Adrian.

"Aww...your little sister is so cute..." She spoke. This was going to be awkward when I told her. The mother obviously had a big soft spot for babies.

"This isn't my sister. She's my daughter." I said, clearing my throat. The woman looked at me, confused.

"Y-Your daughter?" She asked, needing clarification on what I just said. I nodded, feeling the immediate disgust in her eyes.

"So...you're a single parent..." She said, her voice becoming more critical.

"No, I'm with my girlfriend, my daughter's mother." I spoke, feeling the pressure already.

"Well...I fell sorry for whoever has to raise a child with you..." She said.

"My girlfriend Riley and I are perfectly capable of raising a child together" I said, getting defensive.

"Wait...Riley? As in Riley Harper?!" The woman spoke, obviously knowing Riley.

"Yeah? Why?" I asked, now beginning to get worried.

"I told that woman to protect her daughter from boys like you!" The lady spoke. Hearing this woman speak about Riley helped me connect the dots.

SHIT! THIS IS RILEY'S GRANDMOTHER!

I internally freaked out.

"How dare you prance around town flaunting your daughter like this! People talk!" She spoke, getting angry.

I quickly darted, walking away as I heard the lady try and talk to me. I made my way over to the haunted house, seeing Riley admitting the last 3 people in the line for a while.

"RILEY!" I shouted, catching her attention. She walked over to me, confused.

"What's wrong?" She asked, worried.

"It's your grandma! She knows about Adrian now and she's not happy!" I said, explain what happened. Riley looked at me in shock.