Baby Miller 2.0

JACK
I sat across from Riley as she laid in the hospital bed. She was close to giving birth since our baby boy was going on healthy.

"I-I have a question..." I spoke as the doctor checked Riley's vitals.

"Anything Mr Miller." The doctor said, stopping her check for a minute.

"If Riley doesn't wake up before the baby is born...what happens?" I asked. The doctor faced me, getting ready to explain.

"If Riley doesn't wake up, it is possible for her to give birth while still in a coma. It rarely happens but it's still possible. As for after the birth, Riley has less of a chance of waking up if she gives birth while still in a coma." The doctor explained before going  back to her business.

As the doctor left, I held Riley's hand, staring at her with desperation in my eyes. "Please...Riley...wake up. Please...for the sake of our baby boy, me, our entire family...please..." I spoke, letting a few tears slip from my eyes.

Casey walked in, looking tired and sad as she sat besides me.

"She'll wake up, knowing that it'll protect her and the baby..." Casey said, rubbing my arm. Casey has acted like a sister to me and I appreciated that.

"She doing any better?" Kelly asked, following Thomas.

"No...I have some news though. If Riley doesn't wake up, it is possible for her to give birth while still in a coma. As for after the birth, Riley has less of a chance of waking up if she gives birth while still in a coma." I explained, nearly making Kelly cry.

Hours later, as we held her hand and waited, we saw the doctor return again, this time with 3 other doctors, all of them ready for some kind of job.

"W-What's happening?" Kelly asked, confused.

"Riley is exhibiting signs that she's ready to give birth, but since she's in a coma, we will have to do a C-Section. This still involves anesthesia since we don't want her accidentally waking up from the coma during the operation." The doctor spoke as the other doctors got Riley prepped. The doctor lightly grabbed my arm, directing me with Riley. I held her hand before letting go.

"Riley is being further prepped in the operation room, you though have to get properly acquitted." The doctor said, passing me what seemed to be scrubs. I put them on before entering the operation room, seeing my lifeless wife lay there, her body ready to be opened up.

"Ready?" A nurse asked me, slightly smiling."Yeah." I said before the lights went dim and the only light rested on my wife.
———
After watching my wife endure the procedure without waking up, I saw as a nurse held my baby boy in her hands, smiling as she passed the baby to me.

"Mr Miller, meet your baby boy, Noah James Miller." The nurse said, before walking off.

I held the now clean and cute baby in my arms.

"Hey baby boy...I'm your daddy...and this lady right here...is your mommy." I spoke, kneeling down besides a still lifeless Riley. I gently held Riley's hand, placing the baby's hand in hers. I smiled, knowing that my wife may not be awake, but still alive made my heart warm. A nurse directed me back to the room.

"What will happen to Riley?" I asked, confused.

"Two of the best nurses will clean her up before taking her back to the room." The nurse spoke before we arrived.

"Oh my god...your baby...is so adorable!" Casey said quietly, to not wake the baby. Kelly held me in her arms as I held Noah. Thomas gave me a supporting look before kissing his nephew on the forehead.

"What's happening with Riley?" Kelly brought me out of the room.

"Two nurses are currently cleaning up before they'll bring her back here..." I said, explaining.

"I'm so sorry Jack...these past months have been a nightmare for you...but it's close to ending. You have an adorable baby and I know that Riley will wake up. She's strong. Luckily she's still alive...even if she's in a coma..." Kelly said, giving me a hug.

As I held Noah, kissing him and showing him every bit of love that I had, a familiar voice echoed. "Daddy!" Adrian said, running into the room.

"Is this my baby brother?" She asked, happily. "Yes. Adrian...meet your new baby brother Noah." I spoke, allowing her to give Noah a kiss.

"Mr Miller, your wife..." A nurse said, wheeling Riley into the room. She was still lifeless, not having woken up from her coma.

"Is mommy ok?" Adrian asked, confused. "She's ok, just in a deep sleep." I said, calming her down.

"Like sleeping beauty?" Adrian asked, sleeping beauty being her favourite Disney princess.

"Yes...like sleeping beauty." I said, smiling, watching my wife, slightly more happier than I was.