Rumors

RILEY
The bell for the end of the day had just gone.

"I heard that some girl in grade 11 is pregnant." One of the grade 10 students spoke as she shut her locker door.

What...?

"Well I heard that some boy in grade 12 was the father. I couldn't remember his name..." Another girl spoke as the walked by me.

Oh my god...

I ran towards Jack, pulling him to the back of the school. "What's going on?" He asked, holding my hand. I couldn't breathe. Jack had to hold me.

"Riley...what's wrong. Look at me!" Jack said, bringing me back to the real world.

"H-Have you heard the rumours?" I asked, my hands shaking.

"Heard what?" Jack asked, holding me more.

"That someone is pregnant..." I said as quietly as possible.

"Oh my god!" Jack said, quietly screaming.

"You didn't tell anybody did you?" Jack asked.

"N-No! I told people that when I was vomiting all the time I just had an upset stomach. Nothing else...bedsides, no-one will ever know that I am..." I spoke, freaking out.

We walked back to the front of the school, seeing Casey and Thomas. They looked concerned. As we walked, a group of girls were talking about the rumour.

"Well, if she told me it must be true..." A brunette girl said.

"Brittany...who told you about the grade 11 girl?" I asked, as to not raise any suspicion.

"Kara Welsh overheard Ms. Bishop talking to the office administrator about one of the grade 11 girls. Ms. Bishop mentioned that the girl would be transferring to homeschooling because she didn't want other students to know that she was pregnant. Kara then told Tash, who told Melanie, who told me." Brittany said, trying to recall what was said.

"Kara also recorded the entire conversation. She sent it Tash who then posted it on Snapchat." Brittany added the crucial detail.

"Oh...ok." I said, walking away from the group.

Jack, Thomas, Casey and I drove home, my eyes trying not to water.

"Riley....wait up." Thomas said he shut the front door. Jack and Casey has been trying to stop me. I began crying.

"E-Everyone knows..." I said, barely being able to talk.

"Riley...calm down..." Casey spoke as she helped me.

"No one knows Riley. No one knows that it's you who's pregnant and me who's the father. No one knows it's us..." Jack spoke as he stood beside me, giving me a comforting hug.

"People will figure it out eventually!" I said, getting defensive and really upset.

"Riley...calm down..." My mom said as she came in. She hugged me.

"What happened Jack?" She asked as I cried in her arms.

"Kara Welsh overheard Ms. Bishop talking to the office administrator about Riley....her pregnancy and how she was going to be homeschooled. Kara recorded the whole conversation and sent it to Tash who then shared it with the whole school and now everyone knows. The good thing about this is that no one knows that it's Riley who's pregnant it's me who's the father." Jack stated.

"Well...we certainly have to deal with this...but Jack is right, Riley...you need to calm down because no one knows that it's you who's pregnant and Jack who's the father." My mother spoke, supporting me.