N O T D U M B

CHAPTER 9

Tumayo si Lavion sakaniyang upuan at naglakad palapit sa podium dahil tinawag siya ng kaniyang professor para magsabi ng kaniyang opiniyon at karanasan.

“Good afternoon,” nginitian niya ang buong klase at napatingin siya sa mga estudyanteng nakikinig sa likod. Ngitian niya si Yosh na naroon at nakitang umiwas ito nang tingin sakaniya.

“I am actually studying about how to read people’s expressions since when I graduated my bachelor degree. I haven’t completed my research yet so it is not yet proven,” she blows a breath, “I focused on the least to be given an attention which has not yet become a theory, first, I discovered that, it is not only the look in the eyes that tell the truth. We say that you can tell whether a person is lying when we look at the eyes. That theory is common.  But then, I recently discover that it isn't the only solution to tell whether one person is lying ot not," she paused.

"It is because there are some people who like to express their real feelings when they look at something beautiful, like the nature, the moonlight, the sunrise, or even a good painting, and many more. Have you ever look at the sky and think about telling everything what is all in your mind. Have you tried it?” Nakita niya ang pagtango ng iba sa mga nasa loob na nagpangiti sakaniya.

“I have encountered one person who expressed his feelings while looking at the moonlight, and I can say that the person is telling the truth because of how he spoke his words. We can also spot a person whether he is lying or not with how he spoke words and how he express it,” she paused and looked over Yosh, who’s also looking at her.

“People who probably speak spontaneous tell the truth. Yes, if you are not sure about whether to believe a person or not, you can interrupt with his speech and when he breaks or stutter, he is lying,” nakatitig siya sa ngayon kay Yosh na hindi rin umiwas sakaniyang mga mata.

She continued explaining her research in the whole class and even demonstrated on how to spot a person who’s lying or not. Everyone was interested in her demonstration, so then, the school had offered her a job to teach students in bachelor degrees.

Bumuntong hininga siya at nilapag ang kontrata sa kaniyang lamesa at sumandig sa kaniyang upuan. Hinawakan niya ang stick ng kaniyang lollipop at sinipsip ito habang nakatingin sa kawalan.

Iniisip niya kung tatanggapin ba niya ang offer sakaniya. The negative side was succeeding her for the reason that she is lazy in recording and computing grades. And she is not really into teaching.

Habang nakatulala siya sa kawalan ay nakita niya si Yosh na pumasok sa cafeteria. Mag-isa ito ngayon at nakatingin sakaniya. Ngitian niya lang ito nong magtagpo ang kanilang mga mata at hindi pinansin dahil akala niya ay hindi rin siya nito papansinin. Ngunit nagulat siya nong umupo ito sa kabilang upuan kasalungat niya.

“Hi,” simpleng bati niya, ngitian ito at sinispsip na naman ang kaniyang lollipop.

“Pasensya na kung bigla nalang akong umupo rito.”

Tumango siya at inalis ang lollipop sakaniyang bibig, “It’s ok, I am even glad that you’re there,” at sinipsip na naman ito.

“I am here to clarify something, pwede po ba kitang makausap?”

Napatigil sa pagsipsip sa lollipop si Lavion at tiningnan ito sa mga mata.

His eyes are a bit teary and his brows were rose up, “You’re guilty, are you?” she asked, and when she saw how he looked down, she knew it.

“You’re uneasy because you feel like you are cheating to your girlfriend” she added.

Hindi ito nakapagsalita.

“It is just…” he bit his lower lip and then uncomfortably looked at her.

“It doesn’t make sense. Sinasabi ni Atarah na isa kang psychopath at two timer,” he stuttered.
“Kapag nakikita kitang nakangiti sa’kin, hindi ko siya mapaniwalaan. Hindi ko alam, mabuti ka namang tao para sakin kasi…” tumigil ito.

Her brows furrowed while hearing his thoughts, “because?”

Bumuntong hininga ito, “It is because of what happened to the first time we met. That was a social experiment and you are the most special case kasi ikaw lang ang nakapansin sa ginawa ko. You even caught me off guard and effortlessly pushed me to the ground so it means you had a skill of self-defense.

Kung hindi ka mabuting tao, pinakulong mo na ako sa oras na iyon o kaya pinatay mo na rin ako. You even offered me job and treated me and my group mates. Kaya hindi ko siya mapaniwalaan.”

Hindi siya nagsalita.

“Atarah is a jealous type of girl and she is really jealous of you na iyon din ang hindi ko maintindihan dahil sa wala naman tayong koneksyon.”

“So what is your point?” she asked before sucking her lollipop again.

There was a small pout on his lips while he is looking at her. It was like he is begging but she knows that he will not beg. She wonders what his purpose is.

“Uhmm, may nangyare ba sa inyo ni Atarah? May pinag-awayan ba kayo? Magkakilala ba kayo dati?”

Natigilan siya.

So he was worried about Atarah in the end.

Ngumiti siya pagkatapos alisin ang lollipop sakaniyang bibig.

“Honestly, there is a tension between us. She hates me because I confessed to you in front of her. Of course, she would be jealous. And we met in Ariha Club last night? And also last week?”

Nakita niya ang pagkagulat nito.

“A-Ariha club?”

Lumapad ang ngiti sakaniyang mga labi.
I'm  sorry im advance, Shua. she thought before speaking.

“You don’t know? I’ve recently discovered Ariha club and I met her to my first time there. It even seems like she is a regular customer and she is with other guys-

“That can’t be true” pagpuputol nito.

Natigilan siya nang kunti pero agad ring binawi ang sarili sa pamamagitan ng pagsipsip sakaniyang lollipop.

“Hindi nag c-club si Atarah,”

Muntik na siyang matawa ron, “Don’t be a lovesick, Shua. It will make you ill.”

“Hindi nakikisama si Atarah sa mga lalaki.”

Natawa siya, “Go to Ariha Club, 9’oclock tonight and you shall see a good scene,” ani niya at tumayo.

“Make sure to disguise before she could spot you. She has a good eyes.” She started fixing her bag.

Tumayo rin ito, “Bakit mo ginagawa ‘to? May kasalanan ba si Atarah sayo?”

Natigilan siya at tiningnan ito sa mga mata, kunot ang kaniyang noo. Isa sa mga pinakaayaw niyang pangyayare ay ang hindi siya paniwalaan.

“I am telling you this because I am helping you, Shua.” She took the papers on the table before looking back at his eyes.

“You know I like you but you are talking about your girlfriend in front of me, can you emphatize?” she made a small smile.

“But since you are siding your cheating girlfriend so much, just please don’t get hurt when you find out the truth.”

She then left and after she’s out of the cafeteria, there is a grin on her lips, thinking that Yosh is now doubting his girlfriend.

“You’re not dumb as I thought, baby boy.”

***
ZS2 Ch. 9
Phobii Mondrizzee
phobiii_zz